Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing off an injured player.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Indeed, it's as god-awful and evil as excitedly jeering the withering legs of a dying wicked witch. As soon as we go into the arena then we're all play-acting in our own ways, so it's probably not best to take it too seriously when the booing moments happen to coincide unknowingly with someone in real life being hurt. Hardly an instance of disgrace.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I must admit there was some booing heard as the stretcher was going up, in WSL. Weird, and sad.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
There was booing when Calde went off which died down but when their player was stretchered off there was definitely booing from a small minority of the crowd. Was it aimed at the ref, I have no idea but it didn't sound good and can clearly be interpreted as aimed at their player (that was sitting in the East)

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
How can you possibly tell who they were booing? The ref made a blunder and Edinburgh was playing the fool so surely everything you heard could have been aimed at either of them.

Absolutely. Around me, in the WSL there was unanimous clapping for the player and then some booing for JE's behaviour and the ref decision. Not at the same time.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
There was booing from some morons in the North Stand. If it was about Calde, bizarre, because he'd been back in the dressing room for almost ten minutes. And it coincided with the guy being stretchered off as the majority applauded. Pathetic.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I think you are mistaking the booing, which was aimed at the ref for the red card and also for JE who acted poorly IMO. I was WSL and everyone stood and applauded the unfortunate lad who got injured.

There was booing when Calde was sent off (at the ref, Calde was applauded). That incident was done and dusted.

Then a couple of minutes later, the player was carried off. There was applause for him, but also booing.

If you're saying the booing was for the ref while he was being carried off, I don't agree - that had already happened.

At the very best, it was highly ambiguous who the booing was for, at worst it was - as Merry Prankster puts it - a new low for a minority of Brighton fans.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
The booing at the time the player was stretchered off was moronic - if it wasn't aimed at him why boo then?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
People saying that they were booing the ref are kidding themselves. As the stretcher was lifted a group of people (towards the NW corner by my ears) started to boo as the vast majority applauded.

Made us look awful and almost gave that arse Edinburgh a reason to behave like he did, especially so seeing how the Newport fans respected our applause for Roy Chuter.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
People saying that they were booing the ref are kidding themselves. As the stretcher was lifted a group of people (towards the NW corner by my ears) started to boo as the vast majority applauded.

Made us look awful and almost gave that arse Edinburgh a reason to behave like he did, especially so seeing how the Newport fans respected our applause for Roy Chuter.
Was gonna write on this thread but no need to "you took the words right out of my mouth"

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Err... people do actually know why they were booing. We were booing the ref.

No joke red card, no booing the ref - it's as simple as that.

Oct 25, 2003
people were booing while the player was being stretchered off...in fact it started when the stretcher was lifted off the ground

regardless of who you were booing, to everyone else you appeared to be acting like dicks....you need to work on your timing

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Err... people do actually know why they were booing. We were booing the ref.

No joke red card, no booing the ref - it's as simple as that.

Why did people start booing, when the stretcher was lifted off then ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The booing at the time the player was stretchered off was moronic - if it wasn't aimed at him why boo then?
Wasn't that booing aimed at Edinburgh and the County bench for their ungentlemanly antics ? There again there might be a few cretins in the North Stand booing Anthony for escaping a red card.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here