Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing at the end...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Tactics and effort spot on. A few players need a boot up the @rse and some need gone but it WILL come even it it takes a season.
In Sam I trust.
No booing from our quarter, and rightly so.
Mid-table will do me this year.

You cannot be serious. The booing was, I would think aimed at the very poor performance of both the players and management and the selection of these players and the tactics they are told to play.

It is obvious to anybody SH and NJ are struggling to sort it out. TB will neither wish to endure it for too long, as a supporter, nor be able to afford to see the crowds drop, as the owner.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
I am sorry but whilst I don't boo myself, it is everyone's right to do so if they wish.

It is very difficult for your average fan to express discontent with the system, performance, team selection and substitutions. Booing is all they got really. Twitter, facebook and this forum don't really cut it for 90% of the people who go to the Amex and pay their money to watch that. It's called freedom of expression!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yup, loved the style. What would you have changed?

Today, Tuesday or last week? Serious question, all lost games away, a draw against a journeyman team today

Players out of position, our only wide players (lb and rb) who can't cross, get to the bye line or offer any threat.

Drop the one player who showed how good he was Tuesday (Ince).

Continue to watch your left back and left centre back be all at sea, obvious to all those around he should have been sent off but leave him on and hope for the best, (last Saturday).

Playing your only truly dangerous winger through the middle, negating his ability every time he plays.

Playing Bruno in a forward wide role which he has failed to prove he's any good (hasn't provided an assist) but expecting him to retreat back to defend (no chance his Bruno and will not put that amount of effort in)

Not playing Bruno in the middle when he linked well with Calderon.

Playing Crofts in the wrong position.

Wholesale changes every sodding game.

Gets a 12 year old to take the corners badly.

Replaces players that are like for like nearly every substitution.

All above are tactics and most have been proved to be wrong. Haven't blamed the players just the manager and his sidekick for the above.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Today, Tuesday or last week? Serious question, all lost games away, a draw against a journeyman team today

Players out of position, our only wide players (lb and rb) who can't cross, get to the bye line or offer any threat.

Drop the one player who showed how good he was Tuesday (Ince).

Continue to watch your left back and left centre back be all at sea, obvious to all those around he should have been sent off but leave him on and hope for the best, (last Saturday).

Playing your only truly dangerous winger through the middle, negating his ability every time he plays.

Playing Bruno in a forward wide role which he has failed to prove he's any good (hasn't provided an assist) but expecting him to retreat back to defend (no chance his Bruno and will not put that amount of effort in)

Not playing Bruno in the middle when he linked well with Calderon.

Playing Crofts in the wrong position.

Wholesale changes every sodding game.

Gets a 12 year old to take the corners badly.

Replaces players that are like for like nearly every substitution.

All above are tactics and most have been proved to be wrong. Haven't blamed the players just the manager and his sidekick for the above.

As a glass half-full type of chap, and to generalise, it looks on the up to me.

I still don't think the manager knows the best XI, that will come after a 'busy' start to the season squad wise.

Things look considerably better than a month ago, last week if the inside of the post had been kinder then different game.

Similarly midweek a lack of concentration late on, otherwise reasonable away performance.

'Keeper gives confidence, flair players starting to flourish. My big negative is the front line is poor all over.

LuLu made an impact as always as sub, and he found his own role rather than the FIFA 15 set structures that some get over worked up about.

Get a decent strike man, give it a bedding in period and I firmly believe things will look so much better.

Nah, feck it, I'll have a moan, boo like buggery and chuck my ST in the bin.

There.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Congratulations you are retarded.

I don't subscribe to the 'must not boo under any circumstances' school of thought but seriously, if you think watching a team who averaging about 25 shots a game, had 15 corners and 60 odd percent possession today you must not have been an Albion fan long!

Don't get me wrong I was as frustrated as anyone we didn't score but booing should be reserved but those times when players are putting in no effort or tactics mean we have no shots all game, not times when we could have scored half a dozen!

Someone behind me shouted 'rubbish!' at the end. Rubbish? Really? Obviously never went to Withdean. It was an entertaining if ultimately frustrating game. We were very unlucky today. And if we'd scored that first minute sitter we'd probably have won 4 or 5-0.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I thought twice about clapping the players off but I still did. They tried hard enough and came close to scoring several times.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Someone behind me shouted 'rubbish!' at the end. Rubbish? Really? Obviously never went to Withdean. It was an entertaining if ultimately frustrating game. We were very unlucky today. And if we'd scored that first minute sitter we'd probably have won 4 or 5-0.

There is no way, even a neutral, could say that was an entertaining game.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I wasn't looking forward to the final whistle because I just knew people where going to boo. Show some bloody faith. I would understand if we where bottom of the league without a single point. Just be positive and getting behind the bloody team.

I think someone has hacked your account basher x

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The onus falls on the shoulders of SH and NJ. The players we have either dont understand their system or cannot play it. Why change a side that played well Tuesday until SH f....d up taking CMS off.

Many have said they prefer this seasons entertaining football!! but as I have said I would sooner get 15 dour boring 1-0 wins on the board first.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
The onus falls on the shoulders of SH and NJ. The players we have either dont understand their system or cannot play it. Why change a side that played well Tuesday until SH f....d up taking CMS off

Aside from run down channels, receive the ball then feed it back to halfway, what did the replacement need to improve upon?

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Sami said in his interview after the game, That he had to basically bollock 3 players for just walking around the park the whole half!.

We all saw it. So what can be done about it?. If 100% commitment isn't there, Then WTF is going on?.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here