Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing At The End

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I have been disappointed, i dont know how many times, supporting Brighton. I have never considered booing them. I find it ridiculous whatever the circumstances.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
To be honest, I just leave at the final whistle shaking my head, with this dejected kind of look on my face, hands in pockets.
No clapping, no booing........

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Normally disappointed for 1-day then look forward to the next match with bags of optimism, after the gory end of the Goldstone days and the Gillingham exile there seriously isn't much wrong atm

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I was too busy queuing for Dicks bar (along with the other 10,000 or so that left early & decided that they'd seen enough) to hear the boo's but I think it's totally fine to show displeasure AFTER the whistle. That was a typical, and I have to say lack-lustre home performance. No imagine, no urgency and no tempo, and that's not my comments but my mate who joined me for his first trip to the Amex with no affiliation to Albion.
Sometimes it does players good to know they're not performing up to our expectations and a negative crowd response can be used positively in a managers post match de-brief. Although no doubt Oscar is as ever very proud of his players.

People need to occasionally stop blowing smoke up the arses of these highly paid players of which YOU pay the wages and occasionally tell it as it is. Booing is the only way the paying public can get to do this.

Clap and applaud when they live up to what you expect of your monetary and emotional sacrifice.

Do not believe the stats. Today we were shite.

Just how big is this Dicks Bar? 10,000 queuing to get in, I know we have plenty of dicks in our support sometimes :cheers:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
booing your team is wrong
but you pays your money and makes your choice
I know it was a bad result but hey so were some of them when we were in the 4th division
I have got over yesterday now
onwards and upwards

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I was surprised how many people were clapping at the end yesterday. I didn't boo, but I wanted to ask the clappers 'why are you clapping after watching that?'

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I don't remember our fans booing the team in the latter days of the Goldstone and at Gillingham when the team were so bad at times they may have deserved it. I think a lot of our post Withdean fans are probably new to the experience of supporting their team through thick and thin, unlike those of us who have been through the mill over the years and experienced both bad and good times in roughly equal measure. Booing your own team is something you just don't do.

I've never booed Brighton, and like you I've watched some dire stuff at times.

But there was definitely booing at the Goldstone. I remember the North Stand singing "we're so shit it's unbelievable" a couple of times and even cheering goals from the opposition. Can't remember the game but I think we lost by three or four and the crowd made its feelings known in no uncertain terms.

I was one of the non-clappers at the end of the Ipswich game. That'll teach them, I said to myself ...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I was surprised how many people were clapping at the end yesterday. I didn't boo, but I wanted to ask the clappers 'why are you clapping after watching that?'

Because, apart from a woeful lack of end product, the players on the pitch put in a pretty decent performance. IMHO, like.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Because, apart from a woeful lack of end product, the players on the pitch put in a pretty decent performance. IMHO, like.

Really?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
But there was definitely booing at the Goldstone.

Might be folklore, but wasn't there a game (possibly against Notts County) that was so bad the team were booed off at half-time, then booed again when they came out for the second half?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
IMHO like :shrug:

I'm not saying it was an abjectly terrible performance, but I was genuinely surprised there were people clapping at the end. We looked lacklustre, slow and disjointed, made a lot of mistakes, didn't really create many clear chances and conceded two bad goals. Maybe there are some people who always clap unless it's totally dire and other people who clap when they feel the players genuinely deserve it (win or lose).

I don't think people should instinctively clap - we've paid a lot of money for our tickets, we're entitled to expect a half-decent effort from the team.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't see that a bit of booing is a big issue. The players and management know that second half was very poor so why be surprised if a few people boo? I think it is fair enough if players don't give their all, and I think a number of the team were guilty of that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here