Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Boo Boys.......

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Considering the Boos were loud at the final whistle when so called other fans have been sprinting outside to get the park and ride these people are entitled to their opinion. Unfortunately the nsc posters mainly think they are special super supporters.

So, you booed then?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Surely it must be the new plastics?

Who would seriously be unhappy with the way we are playing.

Embarrassing really, this is a low point in supporting the Albion to hear our fans do that.:nono:

Couldn’t have been them, they left on the 82nd minute

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Was it only me that expected it though?

In the closing stages I turned to [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] and asked him if he thought there'd be any booing at the final whistle, and predicted there would be some, and there was.

To be clear: I didn't boo myself, and I'm not condoning the booing, but I did expect some.

Yep, had the same discussion- think many of us probably did……………..in the same way we’d expect a cretinous post or two from certain posters on a politics/Brexit/women’s football etc thread on here. We know it’ll happen but it doesn’t make the perpetrators any less twattish (IMO, obvs)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It seems to boo? Or not to boo? That is the question…

Or is to boo, taboo even?

I don’t know, brains just shut down writing that :shrug:

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
People who pay money can boo if they want. They can judge others, others can judge them.

I wasn't there - not been since Covid started - but listened on the radio and it was frustrating and I can understand that making itself known by a shout or two. But booing is taking it a bit far.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I’m definitely with [MENTION=7]Mustafa[/MENTION] on this one. Every time a new managerial vacancy comes up there are plenty of us on here hanging on to the notion that Potter wouldn’t leave us for a better funded club because he’s got such a great set up here. His relationship with the board would seem to be fine but hissy fits like we saw tonight won’t help how he views us. If somebody came in offering to double his income and he felt unappreciated by the supporters there would only be one outcome.

He's got another thing coming if he thinks fans of other clubs (especially the top clubs) would be any different though.

I would never boo the players but I think there's a bit of an overreaction tbh. I didn't even notice booing and I was there. Those few who did boo were most likely momentarily pissed off that we'd yet again battered a team but not won and let off their frustration without thinking about whether it was actually justified. It has become excruciatingly frustrating, whatever way you look at it, even if in hindsight you come away and remember how well placed our club is overall.

Over 2 years not addressing a huge bloody glaring issue stopping us from making any progress is a joke let's be honest

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I would never boo, but do you not think it was out of frustration of not scoring when we should have had a
hatful? In that sense, it's not booing. It's the only way that some people have of expressing that
frustration.
Then they should go home and knock one out. Save boos for panto. And definitely don’t get the two mixed up.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The booing was pretty loud. Couldn't work it out - thought it must have been directed at the ref or one of the Leeds players. There are times in our history when a boo was deserved but to boo the team today was utterly ridiculous.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Stupid to boo but it's not enjoyable watching us fail to score for 2+ seasons. Very little has changed in this department. The football is great. Potter is a great bloke but the manner is so frustrating. We're going to drop down the league so I wish everyone could stop this we're 8th nonsense. Yes we are but no-one thinks we're going to finish above Leicester, Utd, Everton, Villa do they? They can all score. Plus Palace look like they've got more 3 points in them than us. I'd be happy to finish 15th or 16th, it's just painful knowing how much better it could be.

This could have been a really successful season. Probably the last with Bissouma and Lamptey and imagine if the recruitment team, or Bloom or Potter got a striker in. Also wish they say the reasons why e.g. we're not prepared to pay the money they cost. I'd argue one of them is worth more to us than Mwepu, Mccalister and March in our squad for example.

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
Frustrating not to get the win our general play deserved, but booing your own team is frankly embarrassing - it will never make players try harder or play better.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
There have been times when booing might be appropriate - some of the last games under CH but today was far far from that...

Find it unbelievable. I watch on telly these days as not going to risk COVID and thought it looked pretty good.

There were some very good performances out on the pitch e.g. Trossard , Cucerella , Lamptey to name 3 and yet they were being booed. crazy.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
I would never boo, but do you not think it was out of frustration of not scoring when we should have had a
hatful? In that sense, it's not booing. It's the only way that some people have of expressing that
frustration.

The idiots behind me in the north stand were hurling real abuse saying we were f**@ing useless, abusing Dunk!!!!! That was not frustration just complete...........

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
frustration.
I think you're spot on. Let's face it, we've seen this sort of great performance with no end product over and over again and after the first couple of misses we all thought - here we go again. Virtually every 0-0 in almost every ground you will hear a few boos on full time. Warranted - of course not, expected - yeah probably.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yep, had the same discussion- think many of us probably did……………..in the same way we’d expect a cretinous post or two from certain posters on a politics/Brexit/women’s football etc thread on here. We know it’ll happen but it doesn’t make the perpetrators any less twattish (IMO, obvs)

I never anticipated any booing at all….frustration maybe …but never in a million years booing…it was totally uncalled for

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I didn't hear any Booing at the end but did notice Maupay get some when he was subbed, which was Harsh. But Is this thread basically People who watched the match on the box having a go at fans who bothered to go the game?
Try looking at the over reactions on most matchday threads to see that It takes all sorts.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Frustrating not to get the win our general play deserved, but booing your own team is frankly embarrassing - it will never make players try harder or play better.

Happens all round the world, always has, always will do. Spectator sport, especially tribal like football, is panto, let's face it.
Far far worse in many other countries where fans have less patience (Latin countries mainly!). I'd never do it but I really feel that any booing today was just a momentary flash of letting out frustration at a third season of not being able to put the fecking ball in the net.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here