Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Their badge is very odd, what are the red and blue whispy bits supposed to be?

They are sponsored by Aquafresh

Aquafresh-Desktop-Wallpaper.jpg

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Didn't know of this incident, but have just read the article on Wikipedia.

33 people died.......the bodies were lain along the touchline and covered in coats. A new sawdust touchline was created to seperate the bodies from the players.

Quite astonishing....!

I see Sir Stanley Matthews played in that game.

The fact you dont know about it sums it up. Should be as well known as Heysel. Disgrace how it is swept under the carpet.

Anyway , come on Brighton , lets have it today

Feb 14, 2010
Er, have you seen him play? He is, without a shadow of a doubt, the most gifted player I've even seen in the stripes. He is simply class.

And if he were fit and mentally still at the top of his game he never would've come close to playing for the likes of us down at our level - he'd still be at Valencia, or playing in the PL or still in La Liga. This is a player who turned down moves to Real Madrid, Manchester United because he loved his home club so much.

Get a grip. We're lucky to have seen him play for us. If nothing else, it is a statement of intent. What next? Raúl?

I think Gotsmanov and Lawrenson in the modernish era would argue with "most gifted" tag but even if he is, he has still, so far been a waste of money. Personally I would prefer Murrays 28 goals. No point being good in the treatment room. If he plays for the rest of the season and gets us promoted then he will have been worth the cash. If he doesn't well, its been another bad signing by Poyet. Good manager but CMS and so far Vicente both been players that for the cash, have given a bad return. Over to Vicente, he has the ability but only he can justify his wages by playing and winning us games.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I think Gotsmanov and Lawrenson in the modernish era would argue with "most gifted" tag but even if he is, he has still, so far been a waste of money. Personally I would prefer Murrays 28 goals. No point being good in the treatment room. If he plays for the rest of the season and gets us promoted then he will have been worth the cash. If he doesn't well, its been another bad signing by Poyet. Good manager but CMS and so far Vicente both been players that for the cash, have given a bad return. Over to Vicente, he has the ability but only he can justify his wages by playing and winning us games.

As I said, he's the best player *I've* seen in the stripes. Murray is gone, and Vicente's being here seems to bear no relation to that fact. We took a chance on a player who is way better than our level, hoping that a career-first change of setting might rejuvenate his career. Unfortunately, fitness issues have stopped him fulfilling that potential, as was arguably likely - but not definite. Would I, personally, take that chance again on bringing in an Owen, or a Hargreaves (okay, not now) and giving them a chance to rebuild that careers as the best player in the club or even the league? Yes I definitely would.

Also, people talk about Vicente's wages. Are these in the public domain? The truth is nobody on here has a clue what he is being paid and what percentage of the overall budget that wage forms. It is pure speculation and guesswork. He might be on a pay-as-you-play deal bonus-related deal on an average basic salary, and we might be getting superb value whenever he plays and is the best player on the pitch?

Let's let Gus, Paul Barber and Tony Bloom worry about that side of things and enjoy whenever Vicente plays - and wins us matches.

EDIT: Also I notice you mention he is a "bad signing". We secure a fantastic footballer on wages unknown. How, exactly, does that make him a bad signing? I'd suggest a bad signing is someone who is either a) not good enough for the level and never will be or b) cost in either transfer fee or wages more than the player is worth to the club and its aims. Given that, I'd say at £3m, CMS is a much "worse" signing than Vicente.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

Here we go again, change the record for gods sake.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As I said, he's the best player *I've* seen in the stripes. Murray is gone, and Vicente's being here seems to bear no relation to that fact. We took a chance on a player who is way better than our level, hoping that a career-first change of setting might rejuvenate his career. Unfortunately, fitness issues have stopped him fulfilling that potential, as was arguably likely - but not definite. Would I, personally, take that chance again on bringing in an Owen, or a Hargreaves (okay, not now) and giving them a chance to rebuild that careers as the best player in the club or even the league? Yes I definitely would.

Also, people talk about Vicente's wages. Are these in the public domain? The truth is nobody on here has a clue what he is being paid and what percentage of the overall budget that wage forms. It is pure speculation and guesswork. He might be on a pay-as-you-play deal bonus-related deal on an average basic salary, and we might be getting superb value whenever he plays and is the best player on the pitch?

Let's let Gus, Paul Barber and Tony Bloom worry about that side of things and enjoy whenever Vicente plays - and wins us matches.

All correct - and a miles better player than any other we've ever had. He's had £36m bids for him and been short listed for Ballon D'or, for goodness sake.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No mate, I think its a valid point to ask every week until the end of the season. The player has the ability to make the difference but he is of no sodding use if he doesn't get on the pitch.

It's pointless. We knew when we signed him he was probably going to be injured a fair bit, so why bother bringing it up again and again? Changes nothing.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Would you have had Murray's 6 goals last season too or would it have been a massive mistake too?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Well this thread has taken an interesting turn. I reckon close match today, 0-1/1-0 either way I'm thinking.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Slightly o/t but just been looking on Bolton forum thewanderaway and I have never seen a set of fans sooo obsessed with homosexuality either its a sight run by kids for kids or there is a hige great closet in Lancs where they all hide out together

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Slightly o/t but just been looking on Bolton forum thewanderaway and I have never seen a set of fans sooo obsessed with homosexuality either its a sight run by kids for kids or there is a hige great closet in Lancs where they all hide out together

Manchester is the gay capital of the north so not surprising.

Feb 14, 2010
Would you have had Murray's 6 goals last season too or would it have been a massive mistake too?

I expect you know more about football than your post suggests. If you know a Palace fan then they will have told you that his service that season was very, very poor. This season he has had the service and is what most of us saw an intelligent, clinical finisher who would have been in the right place to put away the chances that our superb midfield have created over the last two seasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here