Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bolton Wanderers vs Brighton and Hove Albion ***Official Match Thread***

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The lead could be cut to just 1 point after 'Boro win.
Apart from injury enforced, substitutions should try and be saved till at least the 75 min mark.
We don't get points back for rescinded cards.
Did sound like the ref was a bit biased to the home side at times.

A bit biased- both their goals would never of stood have we scored them and as for the red card the ref was fooled by the cheat on the floor.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
**** up! Middlesbrough top after tomorrow then, two poor away performances for me Wolves were crap we should have won and we were 2 up today it's not good enough mid table here we come!
Middlesbrough won't get 4 points even if they win :rock:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Keep winning at home and we will be laughing all the way to the Premiership.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, for the first time this season I think Hughton has got it wrong.

Baldock should have stayed on and if another sub was to be made, perhaps it should have been someone stronger than March. Crofts or Dunk, as inevitably Bolton were going to go long.

Agreed. Although I was not there, so have no idea how the game was going, I do not understand why CH sent on March, who is a complete lightweight when we would surely have been better off with a more combative sub given the fact we were down to 10.

This is not a whinge just an observation.

Top of the table and unbeaten, CH is getting far more right than wrong though.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Elliot Bennett. Good call.

93 days, please.

WIN VS CARDIFF AND WE ARE TOP FOR THE NEXT INTERNATIONAL BREAK.

I'll be very happy with that :rock:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think anybody would have grasped the position we are in today 4pts clear after 9 games and still unbeaten the only team isn't it? And people are still moaning ffs. Maybe they prefer us to be bottom...... Weird

Or perhaps people are just capable of appreciating the position we are in, while also being disappointed with the way today's game played out? Perhaps the only weirdness is that there are people who think it's only possible to feel about a particular game the exact way that you feel about the season overall - i.e. if you're disappointed with a particular game, you can't possibly be happy with the season overall so far.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Looking at the highlights our performance never justified a 2 0 advantage. We should have held on but circumstances conspired against us. This happens, particularly away from home. It was nice to see BZ involved in the build up to both of our goals.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Looking at the highlights our performance never justified a 2 0 advantage. We should have held on but circumstances conspired against us. This happens, particularly away from home. It was nice to see BZ involved in the build up to both of our goals.

No strikers equals no bottle and no confidence in a side that would have easily seen that game out with a front man on the pitch.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
No strikers equals no bottle and no confidence in a side that would have easily seen that game out with a front man on the pitch.
Surely this just highlights the fact that we need to sign another striker. With Hemed injured BZ not fully match fit and SB not a hold up player, we didn't have anyone on the pitch or the bench to play that role at the end.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Surely this just highlights the fact that we need to sign another striker. With Hemed injured BZ not fully match fit and SB not a hold up player, we didn't have anyone on the pitch or the bench to play that role at the end.

Signing a quality loan player who will be happy to sit in the bench and wait for injuries or suspensions will be very difficult I fear. I doubt we'll find anyone better than the one we loaned out ourselves tbh.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Get a life you prick!

Seriously mate, we are 4 points clear at the top, 8 points clear of the playoffs having had the best start to a season ever, we get a bit of bad luck and drop a couple of points and you are on here whining like a bitch predicting a mid table finish! If you can't say anything positive under current circumstances then you must be the most depressing miserable barsteward ever to grace NSC, I suggest the Samaritans might be a better website for you to visit rather than here.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
'Boro playing Leeds, could be another draw on the cards as Leeds are picking their game up a bit.
Fingers crossed for at least that then still 4 points clear and 'Boro will need 2 x wins with us losing 2 x to over take.
Much better position to be in.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
'Boro playing Leeds, could be another draw on the cards as Leeds are picking their game up a bit.
Fingers crossed for at least that then still 4 points clear and 'Boro will need 2 x wins with us losing 2 x to over take.
Much better position to be in.

Erm ... 3 points and 1 win, but agree Leeds might not be pushover some are expecting

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Seriously mate, we are 4 points clear at the top, 8 points clear of the playoffs having had the best start to a season ever, we get a bit of bad luck and drop a couple of points and you are on here whining like a bitch predicting a mid table finish! If you can't say anything positive under current circumstances then you must be the most depressing miserable barsteward ever to grace NSC, I suggest the Samaritans might be a better website for you to visit rather than here.

But the fact still remains that we have dropped 4 points in the last two away games luck has not played part. I was at the Wolves game and we should have come away with all three points a shocking penalty by Hemed. I acknowledge that it is our best start to a season ever but if our aspirations are to play in the higher division then we do need to be winning these games there will be tougher tests to come away from home this season. Don’t get me wrong I am excited about how we have started this season just hope we don’t go and blow it and the 4 points we have dropped don’t come back to haunt us come April.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here