Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boats arriving on south coast

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
http://www.migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/briefings/deportations-removals-and-voluntary-departures-uk

In 2014 there were 38,767 people who were removed from the UK or departed voluntarily after the initiation of removal.
More...
Enforced removals have declined since 2004 while voluntary departures have increased. Changes in the recorded number of removals since 2004 may reflect changes in data collection on voluntary departures, however.
More...
Removals and voluntary departures of asylum applicants and their dependents have declined every year since 2006, reaching 6,788 in 2014.
More...
The UK removed 5,022 foreign national offenders in 2014.
More...
Nearly 6 out of every 10 people (58%) deported or voluntarily removed from the UK in 2014 were nationals of Asian countries. Nationals of India, Pakistan, and China made up 40% of the 2014 total.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Send them straight back

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Not a clue apart from its overrun with Syrian refugees, but i would think every parent would want the best for his child , if they think its worth risking that childs life in search of a better life then the situation they are in must be pretty grim , i dont really think it matters what nationality these people are , only that they are risking their lives doing it .

i think you are making some massive assumptions on how parents of other cultures perceive what is best for their child, how they assess risk, or how much they know of the risk. if they are lead to believe its a short, quiet crossing, they will hope in a boat. i have a good deal of respect for those who walk those hundreds of miles for a better life, they'll do more work than some of the layabouts we have here, but i also question their motivation when they pass through Turkey, Greece, and a dozen other safe nations to seek refuge. the minute they step further than the first safe country, they are economic migrants.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I'm saying the only people who've trashed Brighton in the name of religion in the last 33 years were white Irish, an attack that at the time was the latest revenge for the way we treated them on a massive scale precisely because of their religion.

And this is relevant to mass immigration and over population plus the security threats how? This is just another way people like you try to belittle points made.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
No I was just taking a further step back and looking at the causes of the current problems that you highlight, in the middle east.

I'm saying - 'what did the world think was going to happen?'

Or to be even more flippant - 'it's the chickens coming home to roost'.

Those chucks wont come here to roost if we had a government that did what it was elected to do.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Sorry that is nonsense, it completely matters as to what nationality they are.

While some are genuine refugees from war zones such as Syria and Libya many are economic migrants from places like Albania and North Africa etc..

And has already been pointed out, once they are in Western Europe what is stopping them registering as refugees there?

Agree Indeed it does.
As far as Albanians are concerned,why don’t they apply for asylum in other countries?

probably starting to realise this is not a good bet. Currently 98% of Albanian asylum claims are rejected across Europe.
This is mainly due to Albania being on many countries list of safe states of origin.

As the young Albanian man who is sleeping just outside Dieppe explained on the news, he worked illegally in Southampton for four years before being caught and deported. He is waiting for a boat now to do it all over again.
Working illegally in Southampton obviously pays better than staying in Albania in his case.

No doubt some people somewhere are screaming to have them let in,and how can we be so cruel………I wont be one of them.

How many illegal immigrants get housed?
How much spending money does each illegal immigrant receive?

Over 1 million illegals in the country
better questions would be.

How much housing do they occupy?
There might be 10 to a house but do their numbers contribute to the rising rent problem?
How many jobs do they take away from people not here illegally?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
This scenario is completely different to those crossing the med. These people have come from a relatively safe and modern country. I imagine they will be sent back as their country is safe. I always thought that unless they were going to be persisted in their country then we sent them back. Have been undecided on the referendum so far but edging closer to Leave everyday

Persecuted not persisted . Couldn't find the edit button

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Persecuted not persisted . Couldn't find the edit button

Either way some are persecuted in their own country because they are trouble,bad bad trouble,their own do not want them either and not fitting of a genuine asylum seeker...

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
http://www.migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/briefings/deportations-removals-and-voluntary-departures-uk

In 2014 there were 38,767 people who were removed from the UK or departed voluntarily after the initiation of removal.
More...
Enforced removals have declined since 2004 while voluntary departures have increased. Changes in the recorded number of removals since 2004 may reflect changes in data collection on voluntary departures, however.
More...
Removals and voluntary departures of asylum applicants and their dependents have declined every year since 2006, reaching 6,788 in 2014.
More...
The UK removed 5,022 foreign national offenders in 2014.
More...
Nearly 6 out of every 10 people (58%) deported or voluntarily removed from the UK in 2014 were nationals of Asian countries. Nationals of India, Pakistan, and China made up 40% of the 2014 total.

do you not think there are more than enough immigrants as it stands today

if you let everyone in who wanted to come the population of britain would quadruple and that's a conservative estimate

there has to be a cut off point

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
And this is relevant to mass immigration and over population plus the security threats how?

If you can't see how it's relevant to the security threats you're a bit dim. I'll repeat it though. The ONLY terrorist attack to happen in this city post-war was by an English speaking white Irishman who could still waltz in here without a passport if we left the EU tomorrow. However, the brown skinned ones who don't speak English are generally escaping ISIS.

Is that clear enough?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It would be nice if this discussion was helped along with genuine facts.

It might seem hard to believe but I'd happily build a wall, pop a dingy, make a giant trebuchet, if I thought "millions of Turks" are heading our way, along with house stealing, handout grabbing, criminal freeloaders.

But as it stands, I'm sorry I'm just not buying into the xenophobia.

I think it's appalling that such an important issue as the next leader of the conservative party, sorry I mean membership of the EU (what was I thinking) is being fought out by such divisive scare tactics, without every representing the bigger picture.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Net immigration 330000 in the past year...... just from the EU alone

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

It might seem hard to believe but I'd happily build a wall, pop a dingy, make a giant trebuchet, if I thought "millions of Turks" are heading our way, along with house stealing, handout grabbing, criminal freeloaders.

I think it's appalling that such an important issue as the next leader of the conservative party, sorry I mean membership of the EU (what was I thinking) is being fought out by such divisive scare tactics, without every representing the bigger picture.

:lolol:

Absolutely right. Nail. On. Head.

The right can't make it's mind up if the people who are supposedly turning up in their millions are nicking our jobs or here for benefits. In any case they don't deserve jobs here apparently. So you're left with the unedifying sight of The Sun (who have slagged off the working classes from the Hillsborough victims to Benefits Street) fomenting it's readers in to a Leave vote basically due to the skin colour of the one section of the UK population that won't buy their rag.

Meanwhile Dishy Dave is getting in to bed with Sadiq Kahn.

it's hilarious.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014

When we are overrun by these people you might buy into it ,not long to go :tosser:

Dec 29, 2011
When we are overrun by these people you might buy into it ,not long to go :tosser:
This debate has been had many times before. I always find it interesting there seems to be a correlation between spelling, grammar, coherent arguments and swearing and with those who blame immigrants for a lot of the UKs problems. Perhaps educate yourself a little bit to see your blame is misplaced.

Housing problem : Apparently caused by the government giving free houses to immigrants, really caused by super wealthy people buying homes by the HUNDREDS purely to let them out. This drives up house prices and rental prices. Become passionate about restrictions on BTL and then maybe you can become passionate about stopping giving houses to immigrants.

Benefits: Most immigrants want to work, and they know they can earn a lot more money working 50 hours a week for minimum wage than they can claiming benefits. It's been proven immigrants are net contributors to our economy, something which we need as our population ages and the dependency ratio worsens. Anger should be aimed towards the super wealthy who dodge taxes and contribute nothing to our society, and also businesses and the government who have a nice little agreement to avoid billions a year. £120BN in tax revenue which is lost through evasion, avoidance and uncollected taxes. A further £90bn break given to large corporations by governments. A few billion on immigrants is nothing compared to this.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This debate has been had many times before. I always find it interesting there seems to be a correlation between spelling, grammar, coherent arguments and swearing and with those who blame immigrants for a lot of the UKs problems. Perhaps educate yourself a little bit to see your blame is misplaced.

Translation: Apply ad hominem by implying the other person is thick. Gives out impression of moral superiority, shuts down debate. Job done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here