Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blown it big time

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I am flabbergasted at the adverse criticism of me on here. The name calling, the fact I've had a dig at the board, all seems totally out of order (except lizard, who gave my post a thumbs up). The reason behind my statement is that the whole season should not have rested on todays' result. From memory, during our unbeaten run, we sat comfortaby at the top of the table. Had we not drawn 12 games away from home from winning positions, or conceded late goals at home, we would have been done and dusted long before the game today. The pressure from the media, take a look at the Argus, has maybe got to the players, some of which have not stepped up at crucial times, whereas other sides have experience in their squads. The euphoria surrounding Bobby Z's signing evaporated as soon as we, the supporters, realised he didn't have another season in him, nothing would please me more than for him to prove me wrong and score the winning goal in the play-off final ! Mine is , no doubt, the same conversation that is going on in pubs around the county and further afield, why the venom for only saying, publicly, what a lot of supporters are thinking privately ? The board under TB have done a fantastic job, the slate could have been wiped clean today (nearly!), play-offs ? anybody's on the day. My sincere apologies for upsetting anyone, only speaking my mind on a football forum .

Unbelievable. Just f**k off you old c**t f**k off.
50 years and you call it support.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
we will not go up now. Think wins against Sheff Wed (albeit over two legs) and Derby or Hull will prove to be a bridge too far. Without Dunk (Friday) and Stephens (for 3 games) will be our undoing. The perennial question that we have not invested in enough quality will bite us on the bum yet again.....hurts me to say it, but it's true. Before you all slag me off, I'm a supporter of 50 years or so, somehow we always seem to f*** up, hope I'm proved wrong. :down:

I can see why you might think this. After all we lost today against 'Boro when they were down to 10 men and couldn't get an equaliser against Derby when we had a man advantage. We haven't won in 20 games and we have lost home and away to the other three teams in the play offs. We're the lowest scoring team in the league and finished miles behind the other teams in the play offs.

I know that 50 years watching us must have been tough at times, but its been a damned sight worse than this. Pull yourself together and believe.

el punal

Sadly think you are right, we've had a great season but not been good enough against any of the top teams, and going into the play offs with a couple of draws.

Not good enough against any of the top teams? We drew against Burnley home and away, we only lost to Middlesbrough in the middle of an injury crisis, we beat Hull at home and drew away, we drew with Derby home and away. We've lost just 5 games all season, we've scored the most goals, 72, along with Burnley and Brentford. We've been unbeaten in the last 14 games. We ended up with 89 points.

So what exactly do you consider would be a satisfactory state of affairs? Oh, by the way, are WE not considered a top team?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not good enough against any of the top teams? We drew against Burnley home and away, we only lost to Middlesbrough in the middle of an injury crisis, we beat Hull at home and drew away, we drew with Derby home and away. We've lost just 5 games all season, we've scored the most goals, 72, along with Burnley and Brentford. We've been unbeaten in the last 14 games. We ended up with 89 points.

So what exactly do you consider would be a satisfactory state of affairs? Oh, by the way, are WE not considered a top team?

You've summed it up perfectly. Only 1 win against the top teams. How did Burnley & Boro compare to the top 6?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

So how come so many of the top teams are behinds us? What did we do that they could not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
we will not go up now. Think wins against Sheff Wed (albeit over two legs) and Derby or Hull will prove to be a bridge too far. Without Dunk (Friday) and Stephens (for 3 games) will be our undoing. The perennial question that we have not invested in enough quality will bite us on the bum yet again.....hurts me to say it, but it's true. Before you all slag me off, I'm a supporter of 50 years or so, somehow we always seem to f*** up, hope I'm proved wrong. :down:

Prat.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Forestieri is a good player but easily wound up and refs are wise to his diving. Apart from that, we've got a much stronger team than Wednesday hence why we finished so far ahead of them. We just need to make sure we show it over the two legs like Derby did against us in 2014.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
But it's not just about how you fare against the top teams, it's all of them. Just remember, the teams we beat who happened to be near the top when we played them and are not there now.

To go up, we now need to beat 2 of the top 6... Something we've only done once this season. That's my point

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here