Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blown it big time

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
we will not go up now. Think wins against Sheff Wed (albeit over two legs) and Derby or Hull will prove to be a bridge too far. Without Dunk (Friday) and Stephens (for 3 games) will be our undoing. The perennial question that we have not invested in enough quality will bite us on the bum yet again.....hurts me to say it, but it's true. Before you all slag me off, I'm a supporter of 50 years or so, somehow we always seem to f*** up, hope I'm proved wrong. :down:
Follow the albion with pride and belief you tool :lolol:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
we will not go up now. Think wins against Sheff Wed (albeit over two legs) and Derby or Hull will prove to be a bridge too far. Without Dunk (Friday) and Stephens (for 3 games) will be our undoing. The perennial question that we have not invested in enough quality will bite us on the bum yet again.....hurts me to say it, but it's true. Before you all slag me off, I'm a supporter of 50 years or so, somehow we always seem to f*** up, hope I'm proved wrong. :down:

I outrank you, I've been a supporter for 150 years, so my bollox that I post on here, has three more times the credence of the bollox you post

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I'd take out today's game though. That means they have only taken two points less than us since late September.

We gained 45(!) points from our final 20 games.
They managed 32 from the same number.

You can make stats show anything.

Last edited:

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove

Fortunately we have fighters within our ranks (both players and fans) unlike you

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
I am flabbergasted at the adverse criticism of me on here. The name calling, the fact I've had a dig at the board, all seems totally out of order (except lizard, who gave my post a thumbs up). The reason behind my statement is that the whole season should not have rested on todays' result. From memory, during our unbeaten run, we sat comfortaby at the top of the table. Had we not drawn 12 games away from home from winning positions, or conceded late goals at home, we would have been done and dusted long before the game today. The pressure from the media, take a look at the Argus, has maybe got to the players, some of which have not stepped up at crucial times, whereas other sides have experience in their squads. The euphoria surrounding Bobby Z's signing evaporated as soon as we, the supporters, realised he didn't have another season in him, nothing would please me more than for him to prove me wrong and score the winning goal in the play-off final ! Mine is , no doubt, the same conversation that is going on in pubs around the county and further afield, why the venom for only saying, publicly, what a lot of supporters are thinking privately ? The board under TB have done a fantastic job, the slate could have been wiped clean today (nearly!), play-offs ? anybody's on the day. My sincere apologies for upsetting anyone, only speaking my mind on a football forum .

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Think we should give the boys credit for what they have achieved. We have had two players sent off in the last two games and we still haven't lost so IMO that has got to show depth of character. In previous seasons our heads have dropped when we have been behind but this did not happen this season and neither will it in the playoffs. It's not over yet. :ascarf::ascarf::ascarf::ascarf::ascarf::ascarf:

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I think you are right that we have blown it, but I would say that drawing against Derby did us. We had home advantage and all the incentives to win, yet we could only snatch a draw. We now have the play offs and like you say is not a forgone conclusion, it's cup football and they will be big games and I don't think we have a big game mentality.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Rubbish from the OP. The narrative is written. Injustice must be overcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
I am flabbergasted at the adverse criticism of me on here. The name calling, the fact I've had a dig at the board, all seems totally out of order (except lizard, who gave my post a thumbs up). The reason behind my statement is that the whole season should not have rested on todays' result. From memory, during our unbeaten run, we sat comfortaby at the top of the table. Had we not drawn 12 games away from home from winning positions, or conceded late goals at home, we would have been done and dusted long before the game today. The pressure from the media, take a look at the Argus, has maybe got to the players, some of which have not stepped up at crucial times, whereas other sides have experience in their squads. The euphoria surrounding Bobby Z's signing evaporated as soon as we, the supporters, realised he didn't have another season in him, nothing would please me more than for him to prove me wrong and score the winning goal in the play-off final ! Mine is , no doubt, the same conversation that is going on in pubs around the county and further afield, why the venom for only saying, publicly, what a lot of supporters are thinking privately ? The board under TB have done a fantastic job, the slate could have been wiped clean today (nearly!), play-offs ? anybody's on the day. My sincere apologies for upsetting anyone, only speaking my mind on a football forum .

Sorry, absolute rubbish, we were close to achieving automatic promotion today, a world away from last season No one could have expected that at the start of the season, we go again.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
For what it's worth I enjoyed the game, not the first half tbph, but Stephens equalising and us starting to turn the screw it was set up to balance in our favour. The irony of Stephens then getting sent off, and being left with 10 men, but still knocking on the Boro door was entertaining stuff. The Boro fans looked like they were on rollercoaster ride and were never at ease until the final whistle. Drama is what football is all about and this game had it. We could have pinched it with ten men to add to the drama.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

I think your problem is not really thinking it through. To fail to get auto with 89 points, having lost 5 games all season is remarkably unfortunate. Sure, there were chances to have opened enough of a lead before Christmas to have been home and hosed in April - missed pen at Wolves, late equalizer at Bolton, losing 2 goal advantage at QPR are just three I can think of. CH has admitted that in several interviews. But when it comes down to a margin as close as today's, it is a bit of a leap to say that failure is down to a 'lack of investment in enough quality' - one goal today would have sufficed, indeed one goal in any of the three games mentioned (and many others) would have sufficed. That is not 'lack of investment; that is the nature of sport.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne

i do not feel entitled to a good season or to promotion at the end of the season. There are 24 teams in it, and the rules say 3 will go up and 3 will go down. We have done fantastically well and come up short on GD. We go again next Friday. We may win promotion, we may not, but I am ecstatic at how the Team has done.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
we haven`t scored against wednesday yet this season.

So we are more likely to break that duck now. This is a team that has finished with 89 points!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon

Best give your ticket to a real fan who thinks we haven't blown it then

el punal

Your sincere apologies for upsetting anyone? If you had just thought for a couple of seconds about how your inflammatory post would be received, you might not have bothered. The timing of it was impeccable, within an hour of the end of an emotionally charged winner-takes-all match, with all Albion fans feeling very raw, you post THAT.

Really, what did you expect? A load of thumbs up and bouquet of roses? :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here