Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blown it big time

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
We finished FIFTEEN points about Wednesday.
We'll be the favourites (whether that means much or not)
Let Derby and Hull slug it out - neither beat us this season.

Nice way to rouse the fans, though!

we haven`t scored against wednesday yet this season.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Sadly think you are right, we've had a great season but not been good enough against any of the top teams, and going into the play offs with a couple of draws.

We've not lost to any of the play-off teams. Two of them haven't even scored against us. Nothing to fear.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
we will not go up now. Think wins against Sheff Wed (albeit over two legs) and Derby or Hull will prove to be a bridge too far. Without Dunk (Friday) and Stephens (for 3 games) will be our undoing. The perennial question that we have not invested in enough quality will bite us on the bum yet again.....hurts me to say it, but it's true. Before you all slag me off, I'm a supporter of 50 years or so, somehow we always seem to f*** up, hope I'm proved wrong. :down:

If you are an older supporter then you should know the rock from which we were hewn.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
we will not go up now. Think wins against Sheff Wed (albeit over two legs) and Derby or Hull will prove to be a bridge too far. Without Dunk (Friday) and Stephens (for 3 games) will be our undoing. The perennial question that we have not invested in enough quality will bite us on the bum yet again.....hurts me to say it, but it's true. Before you all slag me off, I'm a supporter of 50 years or so, somehow we always seem to f*** up, hope I'm proved wrong. :down:

For sure we all have doubts about the play offs because all the sides in it are decent sides but to come on here minutes after the game today and slaughter the team the management, the Board - All of whom have given us such a great season and put in so much effort over 46 games is a bit disrespectful. Fan of 50 years or not. You have only been watching those group of player like the rest of us for only one yeat, so your post is a slap in the face to all of them.

Tell me this.....Why should those guys go and bust a gut for someone like you in the play offs ? The fans who support and appreciate their efforts this season YES. So thank god they will be doing it for them and not someone with an attitude like your own.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We finished FIFTEEN points about Wednesday.
We'll be the favourites (whether that means much or not)
Let Derby and Hull slug it out - neither beat us this season.

Nice way to rouse the fans, though!

It's going to be tight. All the remaining four are form sides. We can do it, equally it could go horribly wrong.

I'm just pissed that we may have to meet Derby County again. But at least that would be at Wembley.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
For sure we all have doubts about the play offs because all the sides in it are decent sides but to come on here minutes after the game today and slaughter the team the management, the Board - All of whom have given us such a great season and put in so much effort over 46 games is a bit disrespectful. Fan of 50 years or not. You have only been watching those group of player like the rest of us for only one yea, so your post is a slap in the face to all of them.

Tell me this.....Why should those guys go and bust a gut for someone like you in the play offs ? The fans who support and appreciate their efforts this season YES. So thank god they will be doing it for them and not someone with an attitude like your own.

It's just a kneejerk upset reaction. And it's provoked a united response from NSC.
None of the players will see it. What's the harm?

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008

We lost out on promotion today by goal difference with ten men and drew 1-1 against the team with the best defence and you say we have not invested enough I think you jest my friend .

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
It's going to be tight. All the remaining four are form sides. We can do it, equally it could go horribly wrong.

I'm just pissed that we may have to meet Derby County again. But at least that would be at Wembley.

Wednesday: one win in six

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
For Christmas sake! We e had a good season with a hardworking well integrated team. We could hav spent like Derby and Middkesborough but we don't have their resources and that would be a huge risk. Virtually all of the senior signings this year have done well.

We've been unlucky. Our bad run before cams was due to the injuries and loss of confidence after the Middlesborough game. As it now turns out we met them st just the wrong time. Then Burnley and Middkesborough have had a series of extra time goals. Finally we've got a very high points tally for 3rd place. The final suspensions for Dunk and Stephens will weaken the team at just the wrong time.

Overall I think our luck hasn't been good, but to say we've blown it is ridiculous!

Indy

Apr 19, 2012
I know you can look at various games but for me it comes down to that equaliser by Burnley. If we had held on for the win....

As for play offs I am not confident but let's ge behind them and who knows.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It's just a kneejerk upset reaction. And it's provoked a united response from NSC.
None of the players will see it. What's the harm?

I appreciate that it's a kneejerk reaction so is slightly understandable but to slate the Board for under investment when they have put in Millions - I wasn't responding for the players, I know they won't see it - My response was my thoughts on the post. I too am allowed to be in a bad mood due to the result

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
In my mind - we're huge favorites to go up via the play offs. We clearly deserve that. If you disagree, fine. Please don't come on here bitching about blowing anything - we've been third best all season really - and that's were we ended up by a margin. Get behind the team and see us across the line FFS.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
For sure we all have doubts about the play offs because all the sides in it are decent sides but to come on here minutes after the game today and slaughter the team the management, the Board - All of whom have given us such a great season and put in so much effort over 46 games is a bit disrespectful. Fan of 50 years or not. You have only been watching those group of player like the rest of us for only one yeat, so your post is a slap in the face to all of them.

Nicely put.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

I outrank you, I've been a supporter for 150 years, so the absolute hollow I post has far more credence than yours

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Wednesday: one win in six

I'd take out today's game though. That means they have only taken two points less than us since late September.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here