Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom - you reap what you sow

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
They just looked more up to it than us ... Ulloa was missing once again, thought CMS looked good again. A fair few changes now required if we want to move to the next level

Truth is, THEY ARE A BETTER TEAM than us, they played up off the park

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Not reinvested?! THEY WERE SOLD AT THE END OF JANUARY! How could it be reinvested?

Jesus christ.

Well they should have been sold in the summer then. The worst that could have happened is Burnley might not have come back n for Barnes. With Bennett we told him to wait and he played his part in getting us promoted but with Bridcutt we let him tell us that he wasn't focused and couldn't play....... Or let our assistant coach tell him that.
We finish the season with a weaker team than when we started and we cannot let this keep happening.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The training ground is surely a massive step towards improving player recruitment potential?

Besides, I'd imagine that the budgets are separate and funding on that has no bearing on what we are willing to pay players.

We didn't sign the likes of Upson and Kuszczak by being incredibly mean.

Needs to turn the player recruitment/retention policy up a notch then. We were weaker this season than last season.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Well they should have been sold in the summer then. The worst that could have happened is Burnley might not have come back n for Barnes. With Bennett we told him to wait and he played his part in getting us promoted but with Bridcutt we let him tell us that he wasn't focused and couldn't play....... Or let our assistant coach tell him that.
We finish the season with a weaker team than when we started and we cannot let this keep happening.

:ffsparr: Who else other than Barnes was being chased in the Summer? But you've ignored the question posed to Mustafa, how could the money be reinvested if they were last minute jobs.

Bridcutt's was already partially reinvested in Stephens...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
No need for negativity.
it has been a good season and in the era of FFP we are doing okay.
Regroup and come again next season with a few new players and more experience.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We've got 27,819 gluttons consuming pies and pints like there's no tomorrow ans paying whatever the club asking us to pay for direct debit STs. What more can we do? We've done our bit. Down to TB now.

Well I swear on this day that I am going to drink and eat more next season to do my bit in getting us into the prem.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
We could probably have muddled along for the next hundred years without a training ground. You can practice (or rather not practice) your set pieces on any bit of grass. Nobody's advocating blowing head-mental amounts of money on players, but you should at least make half an attempt to retain the talent you have on your books. Until the club learn that lesson, it'll be more of the same.

Really? That shows up how little you understand how footballers prepare for their games.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
:ffsparr: Who else other than Barnes was being chased in the Summer? But you've ignored the question posed to Mustafa, how could the money be reinvested if they were last minute jobs.

Bridcutt's was already partially reinvested in Stephens...

Not sure I'm following there GE. No one should have left in January, and certainly not our driving force in midfield. Do you watch Andrews ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well I swear on this day that I am going to drink and eat more next season to do my bit in getting us into the prem.

Me too Questions. Availability of stock permitting, I for one hereby pledge to eat one extra pie and drink one extra pint of Kronie per Amex match. And a waffer thin mint.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Every man and his dog knew Bridcutt was leaving in January, the only question was whether or not Buckley was going too. Stephens was a good signing but we looked completely reactionary rather than proactively trying to strengthen the side in January

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Words fail me. As an outsider but someone who follows Brighton and wants them to succeed, im amaized at the negativity.

It's never nice to lose in the play-offs but surely by reaching the play-offs for 2 years running is testament to how far you've come.....league 1, Withdean, 6k fans.

What on earth do some of you want.....jam on it ????

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
It's apparently OK to criticise the club's head coach and yet not the level of investment in the squad.

Both are ultimately in TB's remit - criticise either and you are ultimately questioning TB's judgement. Is TB really infallible and are opinions expressed, other than those in total support of his actions, not reasonable? I suspect TB is pondering some of the decisions he has made.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Even Oscar alludes that he has no visibility of what is happening with player recruitment. Something is not right between the board, and the playing staff.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Words fail me. As an outsider but someone who follows Brighton and wants them to succeed, im amaized at the negativity.

It's never nice to lose in the play-offs but surely by reaching the play-offs for 2 years running is testament to how far you've come.....league 1, Withdean, 6k fans.

What on earth do some of you want.....jam on it ????
Pretty much!

I think what hurts so much is being so close and then playing possibly the worst we have played all season. This has happened 2 years running! We didn't even seem like we wanted it tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here