Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom - you reap what you sow

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The club is going in the right direction but glaring errors have been made this season concerning the buying and selling of players.
Not just this season either. We have sold our best players and failed to replace them with players even remotely similar in class.
There is point in talking of automatic proportion unless there is a change in policy. Do we really think that we are going to bring through a whole clutch of youngsters in the next few seasons to change things.
Of course I am pissed off today.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
So the new rules on spending more than you receive won't apply to the Albion?

Should Tony invest more than is allowed we will be fined etc etc.

TB

We've got 27,819 gluttons consuming pies and pints like there's no tomorrow ans paying whatever the club asking us to pay for direct debit STs. What more can we do? We've done our bit. Down to TB now.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Clearly the Falmer expenditure has made it total heresy even to suggest that some decisions taken - on the playing side - by the club may not have been perfect and have left us weaker on the field than we recently were. I'd say those are valid points to discuss on here but maybe it's just me.

Good point , some decisions are hard to work out

Dec 29, 2011
We've got 27,819 gluttons consuming pies and pints like there's no tomorrow ans paying whatever the club asking us to pay for direct debit STs. What more can we do? We've done our bit. Down to TB now.

Bloom has only invested £100,000,000 in a state of the art stadium and £15,000,000 in one of the best training grounds in Europe. What a useless ****, why doesn't he pull his finger out and spend some money?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Unfortunately the op has a point. Our squad is weaker today than at the end of last season and our signings have been awful. If TB wants Prem footy then one way or another we are going to have to bring in some real strength and that is going to cost more money.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
It's not the aggregate of the investment, and any more would also breach FFP.

It's the composition of how it's spent on wages and fees.

Would like to see major squad changes in and out, with no sentiment towards 'servants' who are now simply too slow in an increasingly pacey division.

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
We could probably have muddled along for the next hundred years without a training ground. You can practice (or rather not practice) your set pieces on any bit of grass. Nobody's advocating blowing head-mental amounts of money on players, but you should at least make half an attempt to retain the talent you have on your books. Until the club learn that lesson, it'll be more of the same.

Hahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
We could probably have muddled along for the next hundred years without a training ground. You can practice (or rather not practice) your set pieces on any bit of grass. Nobody's advocating blowing head-mental amounts of money on players, but you should at least make half an attempt to retain the talent you have on your books. Until the club learn that lesson, it'll be more of the same.

Yes, we could have. I guess the point is that we're setting up to not just 'muddle along'.

I don't disagree with the rest of your post, but that is a different point to 'investment in the team'. We didn't lose Bennett and Bridcutt because of finances, unless you are advocating blowing head-mental amounts of money on them.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Bloom has only invested £100,000,000 in a state of the art stadium and £15,000,000 in one of the best training grounds in Europe. What a useless ****, why doesn't he pull his finger out and spend some money?

Which means that every single decision taken since then must be spot on and utterly beyond any scrutiny? How long does that untouchable status last, out of interest? Just let us know. Thanks.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

You're missing the point entirely. None of that means a damn thing unless he invests properly in the playing side of the business. As we saw today. And Thursday. And most of the season.

Albion15

Nov 19, 2012
Point here is once Upson is missing the defence looks very different and I would also argue our squad depth was exposed tonight.

JimmyJayUK

Feb 20, 2014
Op is kind of right, money received for bridders and Barnes was not re-invested. Only positive signing was Stephens, which to be fair is a great signing as he looks really good.

I think we will see a lot of activity in the summer, all the dead wood gone and some quality coming in. I'm confident

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I thought finishing 6th was pretty good considering the problems we've had with injuries and bedding in an inexperienced foreign manager. I have a feeling that we'll see quite a big turn over of players over the summer.

Yep I'm looking forwards now lads.

:)

Last edited:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
They just looked more up to it than us ... Ulloa was missing once again, thought CMS looked good again. A fair few changes now required if we want to move to the next level

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Op is kind of right, money received for bridders and Barnes was not re-invested. Only positive signing was Stephens, which to be fair is a great signing as he looks really good.

I think we will see a lot of activity in the summer, all the dead wood gone and some quality coming in. I'm confident

How can it be reinvested when there is only one day left in the transfer window, panic buy?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
You're missing the point entirely. None of that means a damn thing unless he invests properly in the playing side of the business. As we saw today. And Thursday. And most of the season.

The training ground is surely a massive step towards improving player recruitment potential?

Besides, I'd imagine that the budgets are separate and funding on that has no bearing on what we are willing to pay players.

We didn't sign the likes of Upson and Kuszczak by being incredibly mean.

I suspect we were keeping our powder dry until we had a better idea of where the season was heading and can now start with a relative clean slate. We've got a lot of players out of contract, haven't we?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here