Bloom talks Poyet, Premier League ambitions, opting for Oscar and Barber's budget boost

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
One person continually whored himself about with regular monotony, handed in his notice on the day of a massive game, refused to deal with the retained list and told players that he was off, regardless, prior to the club's biggest game in years verses the other who has pumped in over £130 Million for a stadium, infrastructure and to keep the keep functioning on gates of <6000 at times, has invested another £35 Million for a training academy to ensure the future of the club.

I know who stays on my Christmas/Hanukah Card List.

It is always best to hear both sides of the story imo.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It is always best to hear both sides of the story imo.

Agreed. I don't think it's a coincidence that Barber and Poyet apparently have some Spurs-related history. We've heard very little about Barber's relationship with Gus, but that leaked email certainly hinted at their relationship not being a good one. Perhaps that was the real reason Poyet wanted out. Who knows? Until we hear both sides of the story...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Nice article. :thumbsup:

TB is so good for this club. After all the trials and tribulations can't believe how fortunate we are.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Agreed. I don't think it's a coincidence that Barber and Poyet apparently have some Spurs-related history. We've heard very little about Barber's relationship with Gus, but that leaked email certainly hinted at their relationship not being a good one. Perhaps that was the real reason Poyet wanted out. Who knows? Until we hear both sides of the story...

I really think this Gus had an issue with Barber angle is overplayed a lot.

Personally I'm not convinced that external factors away from the club were not at the very heart of all that happened.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Spurs haven't looked back since sacking Juande Ramos, he was in charge of the poorest start to a season they had for decades. In hindsight if Barber was the one who initiated their departure at Spurs he did a great job for them.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Great blog/interview. I really like the straight talking way in which it is written, far better than any Argus article I've read. It's clear, concise and answered a few questions I still had.

And I know its been said a thousand times on here but we really are so lucky to have Bloom. Plus I've also always been quite pro Barber anyway but I am even more reassured after reading that.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I think it's always good to hear straight from the source, as so many people are ready to fill in the gaps with unfounded nonsense if they have nothing else to go on. That doesn't stop people reading negative stuff into anything that's said, but nothing will stop that. An interesting read.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
All good and well but of course we have only heard one side of the story. It could all be true but until Poyet has his say I will not make my mind up. Whose to say the introduction of Barber made Poyet so unsettled and pissed off he started to want out hence the call in March. Just another viewpoint.

Assuming both parties tell the truth, after all one side of the story was a live TV sacking

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
For anyone who could not make the NWSS meeting earlier in the week I went along and was also treated to an interview with Tony Bloom beforehand.

Just thought I would share the resulting blog post.

A few interesting details, like the fact we were facing a seven per cent cut in playing budget this season (ceiling hitting comment explained perhaps?) until Paul Barber's summer cost-cutting saved £2million. Ended up giving Oscar a slightly improved budget.

Also said that the hotel was not DEFINITELY going to go ahead but that the club were exploring the options available to them.

Anyhow, probably nothing ground-breaking, but thought I would share it.

CLICK HERE

And kudos to the club for continuing to provide access to the Albion's various supporter groups.
Well done Walt,thanks for the feedback.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports