Bloom speaks...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I listened to the interview a couple of hours ago, but I think you've slipped the crucial word MAIN in there, and even capitalised it. I might be wrong on this. But, if not, the fact that SD*2 was an Oscar target chimes with the comment released by Oscar's spokesperson that he was on his list, but at the bottom of it.

Bloom says "main". I capatalized it because I was quite surprised when I heard it.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
All ties in with the stories of OG's work ethic being a bit "last to arrive & first to leave" that I've heard. Plus tales that he didn't really talk to anyone.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Unless there was some truth to it, it is hard to go as deep as hypothetically because it branches off too much :shrug:

OK, let's say I heard from a really good source that I trust that we missed out on Conway because Oscar couldn't make up his mind until Blackburn signed him. What then?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Last edited:

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
Oscar in hindsight was the wrong appointment. But I think Bloom appointed him for all the right reasons. I have complete faith in his next choice and will support him until given a reason not to.

Blind faith? Maybe. But I genuinely can't imagine this club ever having an owner with better motivations or ambitions.

(Truth be told, I kind of enjoy these little "crises". I remember the crises we had when we were homeless and bottom of the league. To me this is still Disneyland.)

I like this post, it's good.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
A result of a non English manager or an astute Oscar seeing the wood for the trees and failing to commit 100% to a ultimately fruitless task is how i'd view that.

I was not referring to the language barrier more blooms comments about him not being the most open individual. I had also heard mid season exactly what bloom referred to about Oscar being very vague with instructions around recruitment

I think for Oscar to be astute you would have to assume he was unaware of the budget he would be working within when he signed which I find hard to believe would be the case. Bloom also alluded to the situation on the Grabban deal where Oscar seemed focused on that player and that player only which suggests an element on naivety on his part.

I genuinely believe Oscar underestimated the task and left as he did not believe he could achieve the clubs ambitions within the parameters the club want to operate within. That is fine and I wish him well clearly he was the wrong fit for this club

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
OK, let's say I heard from a really good source that I trust that we missed out on Conway because Oscar couldn't make up his mind until Blackburn signed him. What then?

:lolol: Hypothetically hearing from a good source is still hypothetically, I feel drained from putting my thoughts down as it is.

All I have really said and in my first post below "I just wish Bloom had accepted that the club played a part in Oscar wanting to leave as it would have felt more honest."

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?301702-Bloom-speaks/page6&p=6349189#post6349189

That is my disappointment in this, just sharing some responsibility and saying that in the end we couldn’t give Oscar what he felt was needed, which is the truth and we can skip all the bullshit and reading between the lines.

Last edited:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I was not referring to the language barrier more blooms comments about him not being the most open individual. I had also heard mid season exactly what bloom referred to about Oscar being very vague with instructions around recruitment

I think for Oscar to be astute you would have to assume he was unaware of the budget he would be working within when he signed which I find hard to believe would be the case. Bloom also alluded to the situation on the Grabban deal where Oscar seemed focused on that player and that player only which suggests an element on naivety on his part.

I genuinely believe Oscar underestimated the task and left as he did not believe he could achieve the clubs ambitions within the parameters the club want to operate within. That is fine and I wish him well clearly he was the wrong fit for this club

Still find it hard to grasp why we made such appointment in the first place,that and the appointment of Jones,perhaps Tony only knows why,but for me it all seems as if the appointments were made with an element of control from the senior management at the club.

Miffy

Jun 18, 2013

image.jpg

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Still find it hard to grasp why we made such appointment in the first place,that and the appointment of Jones,perhaps Tony only knows why,but for me it all seems as if the appointments were made with an element of control from the senior management at the club.

A back up safety net continuity plan if it all went tits up. That part of it has been spot on, well only if you don't mind Jones that is.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
A back up safety net continuity plan if it all went tits up. That part of it has been spot on, well only if you don't mind Jones that is.

I do mind,i know that jones was an ok player for us,further not everybody has to have played at the highest level to become a decent manager,but it all seems a little lucky dip to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports