Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bloom Calls Emergency Board Meeting This Week

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Why was that a stupid mistake, I keep seeing that quoted?

The longevity of the contract might be irrelevant depending on the clauses within it for early termination. Potter is supposedly amoung the lowest paid PL managers. Scott Parker is supposedly on over 3x as much. Even if there wasn't a protective termination clause, paying out the rest of Potter's contract would only cost you the same as 1 year of Scott Parker.:shrug:

I'm with you on the managerial changes though. Too much emphasis is put on what influence they can in reality have. Year on year the table reflects salary levels and transfer fees. You get the odd anomaly, and sometimes a manager does produce a kick, but the truth of it is they can only achieve with the tools they have. Look at Wilder, hero to zero. But he hasn't gone from great manager to poor one. It's what is on the pitch that delivers.

Given we have no idea re clauses it is an assumption, although not unreasonable.

Perhaps re Parker, but why extend after ?13 games. Any extension costs additional money if you were to pay a manager off, not to mention the staff.

To me it was a silly decision based on little evidence.

Always easier when it’s not your money [emoji6][emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
giphy.gif

its all taken its toll.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Given we have no idea re clauses it is an assumption, although not unreasonable.

Perhaps re Parker, but why extend after ?13 games. Any extension costs additional money if you were to pay a manager off, not to mention the staff.

To me it was a silly decision based on little evidence.

Always easier when it’s not your money [emoji6][emoji2]

It may have been a probation initial contract, I don’t know. I don’t think there is anything definitive to speculate either way whether the contract extension was good or bad - not unless you read the contracts. I wouldn’t even speculate it was a bad decision or not really.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Great article [MENTION=17322]Lenny Rider[/MENTION], thanks for clearing that up then!

Better hope Potter can turn things around, because relegation tends to mess things up (players poached, income shredded, pies unsold etc)

MC/HNY.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Fury v AJ should decide SPOTY 2021.

This. The Hamilton thing has been done to death on other threads but looking forwards, this is the fight every boxing fan wants to see in '21 isn't it?

The only thing that would stop that SPOTY award is if England win the Euros so I think the boxing fans are quite safe :lol:

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I don’t think there is a board meeting happening in the next few days , I believe your source is wrong .

Isn’t bloom in Australia anyway?
Not that it matters too much I guess with zoom or teams

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I can reveal categorically that even if the Albion were to end up in the bottom three after Game Day 38 (don’t you just hate that American inflicted phrase?), Graham Potter will keep his job, as ‘Potterball’ is a long-term project. So that’s that then...!

https://www.brightonandhoveindepend...in-brightoneven-if-they-get-relegated-3075729

Given that games are currently played at so many different times, its not often that all teams have played the same number of games.With the very congested season and with games postponed for cup games and quite possibly for COVID the "as it stands" table is not really a great indicator of where things actually are anymore . (Staying up tracker is brilliant for that) Look at Man City/Utd a few weeks ago, both in the bottom half but with 2 or 3 games in hand . a totally false position and once they had played them they shot up the table. . Similar with Burnley recently, played 2 games less than everyone arounds them and in the bottom 3, now above the mighty Arsenal.

Whilst I hate the phrase game day I think an actual table published after "Match 15" or whatever would be useful. The hysteria by some teams fans after going top simply because no one else had played was quite funny. "Top of the league" sometimes for less than 2 hours, or in the relegation zone simply because a team doesn't play till tuesday when the surrounding teams played Friday is meaningless.

Whilst a table showing the situation after each team completes the same number of games may be a week or more behind any "Live" table it may stop some hysteria or bedwetting depending where your team is in the table

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Given that games are currently played at so many different times, its not often that all teams have played the same number of games.With the very congested season and with games postponed for cup games and quite possibly for COVID the "as it stands" table is not really a great indicator of where things actually are anymore . (Staying up tracker is brilliant for that) Look at Man City/Utd a few weeks ago, both in the bottom half but with 2 or 3 games in hand . a totally false position and once they had played them they shot up the table. . Similar with Burnley recently, played 2 games less than everyone arounds them and in the bottom 3, now above the mighty Arsenal.

Whilst I hate the phrase game day I think an actual table published after "Match 15" or whatever would be useful. The hysteria by some teams fans after going top simply because no one else had played was quite funny. "Top of the league" sometimes for less than 2 hours, or in the relegation zone simply because a team doesn't play till tuesday when the surrounding teams played Friday is meaningless.

Whilst a table showing the situation after each team completes the same number of games may be a week or more behind any "Live" table it may stop some hysteria or bedwetting depending where your team is in the table

Excellent post :thumbsup:
I personally think its all down to a lack of confidence and over trying to please all.
Once we do score an actual goal, it'll seem "that was easy, let's get another" :lolol:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It may have been a probation initial contract, I don’t know. I don’t think there is anything definitive to speculate either way whether the contract extension was good or bad - not unless you read the contracts. I wouldn’t even speculate it was a bad decision or not really.

Fair comment.

I’m definitely going bad decision and said so at the time. Doesn’t mean I’m anti- Potter or anything like that, just a peculiar thing to do at that stage......

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Then again, based on facts:

Albion 1 West Brom 1
Albion 0 Burnley 0
Fulham 0 Albion 0
Albion 1 Sheffield United 1

Potter's Albion can't beat crap/out-of-form/10-men teams, even at home.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Albion 1 West Brom 1
Albion 0 Burnley 0
Fulham 0 Albion 0

Add to that we're 2 points behind the bare minimum, heading for 32 points . . . . and certain relegation.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
As per post #8

I think [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] and Potter will be hanging around for a while unless Potter has enough. It was the same story as Hyypia. You could also spin it as not wanting to pay off a contract.

One could try and spin it that way - I know the usual suspects on here who will - but even GP when asked about his 4 yr extension to a 6yr deal in the close season by radio 5 specifically answered a question about not being bothered if he gets the sack as he’ll be paid off and he said the 6 years was simply a measure of the club’s belief in his methods to ward off potential suitors rather than a huge financial reward to him if he did get sacked as there was a clause outlining severance in the event of termination and it’s not being fully paid up.

As was also the case when CH was let go.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Albion 1 West Brom 1
Albion 0 Burnley 0
Fulham 0 Albion 0

It’s easy to label teams out of form.

Based on the last 5 games, we drawn against three sides above us in the form table and one below.

Burnley 6th
Fulham 12th
West Brom 17th
Albion 18th
Sheff Utd 20th

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here