Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bloom Calls Emergency Board Meeting This Week

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
It’s easy to label teams out of form.

Based on the last 5 games, we drawn against three sides above us in the form table and one below.

Burnley 6th
Fulham 12th
West Brom 17th
Albion 18th
Sheff Utd 20th

Oh behave.

We played Burnley on 6 November. Their record at the time was something like LLDLLL!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Oh behave.

We played Burnley on 6 November. Their record at the time was something like LLDLLL!

Burnley's form has been excellent from November onward taking out the Man City result, the 2 games before us were Spurs (whom they were decent) and Chelsea:

Brighton A - draw
Palace H - win
Everton H - draw
Arsenal A - win
Villa A - draw
Wolves H - win

Sorry, but that is a team in very decent form.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah, turned the corner after getting a draw against us!

If we can't beat Burnley, West Brom, Fulham or 10-man Sheff United (3 of those at home), who are Potter's Albion going to beat?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I had to get the message to GPott somehow and I haven't got him on SnapChat Bro!!

WRT attention seeking behaviour, it's pretty easy to see from my posting history on here that I'm mostly a lurker and only join in when I think things are getting boring. I see very little altruism on NSC so if you are the 'protocol & etiquette police' I think you need to up your game. Without 'unevidenced speculation' this site would need a memory stick not a server. And I don't run anywhere.

The point is that an emergency board meeting is likely to be conducted with few people being aware of it. Especially as, given current restrictions, it's likely to be done remotely.

It's not something I would go running to NSC with.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I understand there is indeed an extra board meeting this week. I don’t think the description of ‘emergency’ is correct. Such meetings held out of the normal frequency cycle are referred to as ‘extraordinary’. But it is happening.

Jul 7, 2003

Based on the last 5 games, we drawn against three sides above us in the form table and one below.

Burnley 6th
Fulham 12th
West Brom 17th
Albion 18th
Sheff Utd 20th

Are you really getting excited about drawing against teams above us in the form table when there are only two team below us and one of those, we couldn't beat with a numeric advantage for two thirds of the match?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Burnley 6th
Fulham 12th
West Brom 17th
Albion 18th
Sheff Utd 20th

That’s hardly shocking is it, it doesn’t take much to be above us in the form table, we can’t win to save our lives.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
More than likely the club’s response to the whole of Sussex going into Tier 4 and no more fans at the Amex for the foreseeable future and what that means for the club

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
More than likely the club’s response to the whole of Sussex going into Tier 4 and no more fans at the Amex for the foreseeable future and what that means for the club

Yep, with the club being ahead of the curve all things Covid I suspect this is the most rational reason.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
The point is that an emergency board meeting is likely to be conducted with few people being aware of it. Especially as, given current restrictions, it's likely to be done remotely.

It's not something I would go running to NSC with.

Why should extra consideration be given to a remote meeting?

Again, I don’t run anywhere.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yeah, turned the corner after getting a draw against us!

If we can't beat Burnley, West Brom, Fulham or 10-man Sheff United (3 of those at home), who are Potter's Albion going to beat?

This is the #TeamsLikeBrighton in reverse isn't it?

Seeing as you believe that it is easier to beat teams at home than away, then obviously we will beat Newcastle and Villa at the Amex (because we best them away)
We will also beat Palace and Fulham (as we drew to them away)

So there's 12 points in the bag already!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Never put too much faith in an organisation with a top-heavy management/recruitment/coaching structure. Two-thirds of those will invariably be surplus to requirements. Time to refocus the wage bill on the core activity maybe?

Bit like the NHS then!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here