Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Blackburn Rovers v Brighton & Hove Albion - Tuesday 01/4 @ 7:45pm - OFFICIAL ***

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
What is frustrating me at the moment is the lack of width - I just can't for the life of me see what the tactics are. If we're not playing out and out wingers wingers then we HAVE to start getting some shots off from outside the box, because any half decent oppo manager will see us not willing to play wide and just drop his defence deeper, crowd the middle and prevent us slipping little through balls in behind the centre halves. But nobody (except JFC) is willing to pull the trigger from 20/25 yards. In which case, we're not shooting from deep, we're not getting to the byline and crossing for our aerially prolific forward, and we're not playing through balls for our nippy inside forwards - so I can't grasp what the idea is, how are we supposed to score?

All that said I'm not going to wet my pants and moan like a little bitch over the personnel selection because history has told me that when I have little to no expectations we pull a stupidly good performance out of the bag. Confidence is at zero right now, so the unwritten and eternal sods rule of being a BHAFC fan means we'll probably win, then go into the Barnsley game feeling a little better, and get smashed by them. Then dick Leicester away. Don't know why I put myself through this nonsense tbh. :facepalm:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
why Oh why do these commentators and interviewers keep asking the same questions and stating the bleeding obvious

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
mynetete.jpg

There's no one here.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
What is frustrating me at the moment is the lack of width - I just can't for the life of me see what the tactics are. If we're not playing out and out wingers wingers then we HAVE to start getting some shots off from outside the box, because any half decent oppo manager will see us not willing to play wide and just drop his defence deeper, crowd the middle and prevent us slipping little through balls in behind the centre halves. But nobody (except JFC) is willing to pull the trigger from 20/25 yards. In which case, we're not shooting from deep, we're not getting to the byline and crossing for our aerially prolific forward, and we're not playing through balls for our nippy inside forwards - so I can't grasp what the idea is, how are we supposed to score?

All that said I'm not going to wet my pants and moan like a little bitch over the personnel selection because history has told me that when I have little to no expectations we pull a stupidly good performance out of the bag. Confidence is at zero right now, so the unwritten and eternal sods rule of being a BHAFC fan means we'll probably win, then go into the Barnsley game feeling a little better, and get smashed by them. Then dick Leicester away. Don't know why I put myself through this nonsense tbh. :facepalm:

this

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton

Nail on head.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
we really could do with an early GOAL

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
its happening up front by the sounds

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
This low powerball we're pounding into the box is CRYING OUT for a certain blonde haired maestro to pop it in the back of the net. Yes Craig I am looking at you.

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011
How the heck are defenders allowed to get away with shoving a player off the pitch like that? Ball was yards away by then.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
It is sounding a bit like same old - lot of the ball no killer instinct, they break and get a real chance

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here