Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackburn - advice required

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
I work with a lot of people that live over in Stoke, it's been snowing there most of the morning today but all main roads are clear, just the minor roads are a bit dodgy.

I shall be travelling to the game tomorrow from Cheshire :)

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
How many are thinking of going, with the weather being so dicey at the mo! :ohmy:

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
Premier Inn booked, and meetings confimred. The trip is on! How many Albion do we think will make it?
500 would be a good turn out.....

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Me +2 en route tomorrow afternoon.

The motorways were fine to Birmingham on Saturday so I can't see them being any worse in Lancashire.

In any case, I have a shovel in the boot & two big strong men to dig if it gets dicey :D

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Im up in york, it is snowing at the moment, but it is supposed to stop soon. I think the trains are operating as normal. Main roads should also be fine.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Looks like a proper thaw has set in around these parts so will be giving Blackburn another chance after the aborted trip before Xmas.

But must check to see if Accy are playing at home just in case.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I went past Blackburn today and the roads seemed fine to me. Can't see a problem with the game being on and the forecast is for light snow showers and temps around 0degrees so should be ok.

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
Without expecting that anyone wants to bump into me in Blkacburn I do ask again - is there any pub that may have a contigent of Albion fans before the game. I shall be lurking and loitering from late afternoon and rather than sit in a desperate pub alone with just my thoughts and hopes for the game ahead it would be nice to see a blue and white shirt, if not a friendly face.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Without expecting that anyone wants to bump into me in Blkacburn I do ask again - is there any pub that may have a contigent of Albion fans before the game. I shall be lurking and loitering from late afternoon and rather than sit in a desperate pub alone with just my thoughts and hopes for the game ahead it would be nice to see a blue and white shirt, if not a friendly face.

Will be somewhere from about 4pm , not sure where yet till i get into Blackburn , i can let you know later when i get in RupertsFlan

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Nice one , if your driving the roads are not an issue , motorways fine except some around Birmingham are down to 2 lanes because they have not cleared the snow.

getting the train from york, coming back will be a nightmare however, have to go via bolton and manchester :lolol:

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
We are driving too, where is everyone parking and drinking ( apart from designated driver of course) before the game ?

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
We are driving too, where is everyone parking and drinking ( apart from designated driver of course) before the game ?

I have booked in at the Fernhurst which is a pub and has a lot of parking , about 5 minute walk to the ground . Come off junction 29 M6 , M65 head towards Blackburn , then come off at junction 4 and follow signs to football stadium which is along road A666 , about 5-10 minutes the Fernhurst is on the left , you can get food and drink there as well at reasonable prices . May have a couple in there then head into town about 5pm

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here