Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackburn - advice required

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
I am in a quandry. I have customer meetings that I have cunningly arranged this week that will enable me to get to Blackburn on Tuesday night. I need to stop at Stoke on the way up for 10am and then head on to Blackburn and stay the night.

ON Wednesday morning I need to then get to York for 11am and once that is done, head home - all in the car.

I live outside Forest Row and am sitting in my home office wondering whether this trip is daft, doomed or I should get out there and just get on with it.

Any advice or thougts appreciated. Is the game likely to be on? Am I potentially going to get stranded in York as the weather seems to be getting worse in the north east this week.

Sorry to be a nuisance but I am in two minds. Stay or go?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Snowing in Manchester right now but temps just above freezing so not really sticking. Could be different case in Blackburn though.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Darren Balkham ‏@Suspolfootball
Spoke 2 Blackburn police. They hv had snow overnight Blackburn fc confident game will go ahead. Updates via this medium and @OfficialBHAFC

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Main roads are all fine. Forecast is cold and icy but no major snow. You have clearly plotted well to set this up, GO FOR IT!

PG

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
I suppose it is a question only I can answer - but I am a terrible weed when it comes to things like this and do need the proverbial 'shove' from people who are going to make the journey.

I think i shall be going - clearly this is POTG

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC
Blackburn officials confident game v #BHAFC will go ahead tomorrow. Pitch and roads in good condition. More updates throughout the day.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Drove up this morning from Shoreham at 4.30am , lot of people staying at home i think so roads were reasonably clear of trafic , apart from a few motorway outside lanes which are covered in snow the two other lanes are fine as long as you drive at a reasonable speed. Birmingham seemed to be the worst of it and a bit further up near the Liverpool turn off , i came A24 - M25 - M40 - M42 - M6. The worst i had was turning into the service station where you do slide a little as no salt.

Hope the game is on now :facepalm:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Drove up this morning from Shoreham at 4.30am , lot of people staying at home i think so roads were reasonably clear of trafic , apart from a few motorway outside lanes which are covered in snow the two other lanes are fine as long as you drive at a reasonable speed. Birmingham seemed to be the worst of it and a bit further up near the Liverpool turn off , i came A24 - M25 - M40 - M42 - M6. The worst i had was turning into the service station where you do slide a little as no salt.

Hope the game is on now :facepalm:

your keen!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Will be fine. Lots of people sat at home on Saturday whilst the rest of us drove to Birmingham in two and half hours on virtually empty and snow/ice free roads.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
How many players do Blackburn have on the injury list ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here