Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Black managers

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
What do people think causes so few black managers then? The difference between black and white appears to be more than just random variation.
Dunno. What you think the reason is there are so many more black players than white players per head of population? Work that out and you might have your answer.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If as you say Big Ron 'brought more black players to the forefront of football than any other manager in the 1970s' does one racial slur undermine all this ? He apparently didn't care what colour anyone was as long as they were good enough to do the job.
Yes, you could use this as a classic case should be judged by what he does, not what he says.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I couldnt give a flying shit if Albions manager was a treble vaginal/penial hermaphrodite
with bright purple skin and yellow polka dots and came from the other side of ****ing Alpha Centauri
and ate dog shit as his main meal.
Actually, I think that might just bother me, a little................................

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This is worth a listen if you have TalkSport catchup, a row between Troy Townsend and Simon Jordan about this issue. In fairness to SJ he didn't go with the "Isn't it terrible, it's racism" mood music, hence the row. I got the impression that TT was not accustomed to anyone taking him on, head on, on this issue.

From 04:00:

11:34am

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
This is worth a listen if you have TalkSport catchup, a row between Troy Townsend and Simon Jordan about this issue. In fairness to SJ he didn't go with the "Isn't it terrible, it's racism" mood music, hence the row. I got the impression that TT was not accustomed to anyone taking him on, head on, on this issue.

Townsend comes across a bit of a cock. He accused us of racism when we parted company with Chris Hughton, lead to the Kick It Out campaign having to issue a public apology to the club a few days later.

Think Townsend is also misquoting Hughton who says there needs to be change but not just for changes sake and managers/coaches, no matter their race, need to prove they are the best person for the job.

Simon Jordan is right, quota's is a ridiculous idea and the talent should be the most important thing.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Townsend comes across a bit of a cock. He accused us of racism when we parted company with Chris Hughton, lead to the Kick It Out campaign having to issue a public apology to the club a few days later.

Think Townsend is also misquoting Hughton who says there needs to be change but not just for changes sake and managers/coaches, no matter their race, need to prove they are the best person for the job.

Simon Jordan is right, quota's is a ridiculous idea and the talent should be the most important thing.

I remember that well, he stuck his ill informed nose in. Picking on the wrong club and owner imho, all the way through the club have been at the forefront of diversity in general.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

Very good. To be fair to Jordon all he was asking from Townsend was how does he suggest you get more on coaching courses who can than apply for jobs. He had no answer apart from at end saying quotas. which is mad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here