Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
This ... whilst he looks like he he is technically very good the execution of his passes and his general play looks somewhat slow . My mid field would be a diamond with stephens at the back, with AK & Solly on the wings and Biss at the top. As a number 10 he would offer more strength and pace than Gross but from what I have seen his finishing is not great.

No, I disagree. We need a box to box CM and I think Biss is perfect for it, we'd lose his talent as an attacking midfielder. He is a very precious commodity that doesn't come along very often and we need him to be the player everyone fears.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Can somebody post a translation of Yves tweet please?

1e481dc09ba5c2dabce84214fb1abcd3.jpg

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
He's a great guy, I never thought he would laugh at the Arsenal players. He just enjoys football and the life it has given him. His dance after the Palace game proved that......he gets caught up in the emotion and enjoyment of a successful game........he is all heart that guy.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
He's a great guy, I never thought he would laugh at the Arsenal players. He just enjoys football and the life it has given him. His dance after the Palace game proved that......he gets caught up in the emotion and enjoyment of a successful game........he is all heart that guy.

Great post.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK

additionally , next season he will be a star performer for the Albion.......I have no doubt about that...top quality bloke with a fine attitude on life in general......

TNBA

TTF

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
He didn't seem to control it very well when Cardiff broke on us and killed the game whilst he merrily jogged back. One of many, many similar incidents high up the pitch.

His injury has been a blessing in the past few games and anybody suggesting that we have been 'missing' him utterly baffles me.

Only way I see him having a future in this division is if we change our system and/or play him in an advanced role.

Being realistic, I think it's more likely the Dutch league beckons. As always, I hope to be proved wrong.

Player makes mistake in shocker of the century. Maybe he doesn't have a future in this division because maybe he's sick of playing for a club where people don't make runs forward and where he's often receiving the ball on top of his CBs with no passing option on and with 2-3 players closing him down. Either way, if we lose him we're losing the type of player that we should be aspiring to sign if we're serious about staying in this division long term. But you obviously see it very differently.

Still the idea that he can't and doesn't defend is utter rubbish and the stats literally back that up in every instance even if you over look his performances for two years where he's essentially been one of two defensive midfielders in front of a much lauded CB pairing.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Player makes mistake in shocker of the century. Maybe he doesn't have a future in this division because maybe he's sick of playing for a club where people don't make runs forward and where he's often receiving the ball on top of his CBs with no passing option on and with 2-3 players closing him down. Either way, if we lose him we're losing the type of player that we should be aspiring to sign if we're serious about staying in this division long term. But you obviously see it very differently.

Still the idea that he can't and doesn't defend is utter rubbish and the stats literally back that up in every instance even if you over look his performances for two years where he's essentially been one of two defensive midfielders in front of a much lauded CB pairing.

I said a future in this division, not at this club ie. I don't think anyone else will touch him with a bargepole. I also said mistakes plural, Bissouma ghosts past players when high up the pitch and occasionally hands them possesion, Propper just hands them possession without even threatening. It's happened many times.

We either make the best out of him or it's back to the Dutch league. This goes for a few of our players.

He is a tidy player, and I still wish we could see him further up the pitch to compete with Gross, but CH for whatever reason doesn't see it that way. I don't think he is cut out for central midfield in the PL, just an opinion.

As for stats, they indicate Stephens is our highest performing midfield player and we know what all the dunces think about that.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
has potential for sure. Inconsistent still and does some silly things for every 3 good.

Next season am hoping he will step up and be first name on the team sheet. Hopefully can add some goals to our midfield.

Iovan The Sweeper

May 16, 2016
What a player already. He will get better and better too, especially as he learns to measure himself against the pace of the game. He was superb on Sunday and looked like he could run all day, but a few games this season it seemed as if he was running out of petrol after 60 minutes, and that's when the mistakes started to add up

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
During the Palace home game last December when they were about to take their penalty Bissouma slyly went up and kicked the ball off the spot. That moment is when he endeared himself to me! There was a video clip of it knocking about somewhere.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I said a future in this division, not at this club ie. I don't think anyone else will touch him with a bargepole. I also said mistakes plural, Bissouma ghosts past players when high up the pitch and occasionally hands them possesion, Propper just hands them possession without even threatening. It's happened many times.

We either make the best out of him or it's back to the Dutch league. This goes for a few of our players.

He is a tidy player, and I still wish we could see him further up the pitch to compete with Gross, but CH for whatever reason doesn't see it that way. I don't think he is cut out for central midfield in the PL, just an opinion.

As for stats, they indicate Stephens is our highest performing midfield player and we know what all the dunces think about that.

All players make mistakes in the plural sense. Literally every single game they play. Even Messi and Ronaldo. You're picking on a player you don't like and trying to use one mistake as evidence of his lack of class. The argument is nonsensical at best.

As to his lack of threat, anyone watching us for the last two years would surely see that the majority of this is tactical. For the best part of 18 months of that, he and Stephens didn't get over the half way line. What kind of threat are you hoping for? Propper is also the player with the 5th highest pass completion rate in our side. 3% less than the highest in Stephens. I'd argue he keeps the ball as well as most in our side.

Would anyone else touch him? I've honestly no idea. But I'd wager a lot of other clubs in other high profile divisions would.

And lastly, regarding stats, both Propper and Stephens basically achieve the same outcomes from the same position. They make a similar amount of passes, tackles, interceptions, assists, goals, key passes. There's really very little to choose between them, so it's funny how you're calling those criticising Stephens "dunces" yet you're essentially criticising Propper for the same level of performance statistically.

Anyway, this is about Bissouma and I'm sure we can all agree he has a ton of potential which we hope will be realised with us.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
All players make mistakes in the plural sense. Literally every single game they play. Even Messi and Ronaldo. You're picking on a player you don't like and trying to use one mistake as evidence of his lack of class. The argument is nonsensical at best.

One mistake? Lack of class? I've already reiterated that it has been multiple mistakes in dangerous turnovers of possession. I have also said that I think he is classy player, but flatters to deceive. You're the one sounding nonsensical.

As to his lack of threat, anyone watching us for the last two years would surely see that the majority of this is tactical. For the best part of 18 months of that, he and Stephens didn't get over the half way line. What kind of threat are you hoping for? Propper is also the player with the 5th highest pass completion rate in our side. 3% less than the highest in Stephens. I'd argue he keeps the ball as well as most in our side.

I agree in part, but Propper has been the one with more freedom to get forward. Opportunities to do so have been scarce, but when they eventually come about, he wastes them. Bissouma in comparison looks 100% more dangerous and likely to make something happen.

Would anyone else touch him? I've honestly no idea. But I'd wager a lot of other clubs in other high profile divisions would.

Yes they would, because they are not up to the pace of this division. My point from the very start was nobody would touch him in this division, in my opinion.

And lastly, regarding stats, both Propper and Stephens basically achieve the same outcomes from the same position. They make a similar amount of passes, tackles, interceptions, assists, goals, key passes. There's really very little to choose between them, so it's funny how you're calling those criticising Stephens "dunces" yet you're essentially criticising Propper for the same level of performance statistically.

My point was actually that stats aren't everything, you have made an implied argument there. Many of the things I've noticed could not be represented statistically. For instance, it's quite evident Propper is not the kind of player you want in a scrap. He has NOT looked up for this relegation tussle, surely you can agree on that.

Anyway, this is about Bissouma and I'm sure we can all agree he has a ton of potential which we hope will be realised with us.

Absolutely.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
It's funny how easily fans jump to conclusions on what's going through the mind of a player, and consistently get everything wrong.

Did anybody actually think he was laughing at Arsenal? It's just a meme.

Quite obvious that he is laughing with a teammate out of camera shot.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Did anybody actually think he was laughing at Arsenal? It's just a meme.
Fair enough, I don't know.

Actually, scratch that. This was the first comment here after Bozza posted the video:

Love that.....you know he is not taking the piss in a big bollocks way, he is just enjoying the moment and can't believe we have denied the Gooners the win they wanted so badly.
So Gullsworth has felt that he's enjoying the moment and can't believe we stopped Arsenal, but Biss has said that wasn't the case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here