Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I really enjoyed the performance of Bissouma and Stephens yesterday. They worked really well together, like a premier league version of the Kayal/Stephens partnership.

It was one of the more promising aspects of the game, along with March owning the left side. If he and Bernardo can gel some more that would provide us with a decent left hand side to go with the midfield pairing and Dunk and Duffy at the back. That would then leave us with only the right side and forward partnerships to work on.

It's somethin to work on over pre-season. We look our best when we have players working in tandem: Bruno and Knockeart, Stephens and Kayal, Stephens and Propper, Dunk and Duffy, Murray and Gross.

It's great feeling a boost of positivity, isn't it?

I agree. Teams with good pairings get results.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
With Pröpper’s £21m departure to Ajax due to be announced soon after the transfer window slides open

the only reporting so far, the mirror last month, has been that they are looking at him.
He's a Dutch international after all. Not that much of a surprise.
Its not exactly a done deal.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
While Gross isn't quite in form, I'd have Stephens and Bissouma in the middle and Propper in the No.10 Gross role.

We need more than two CMs anway, so having Propper, Bissouma and Stephens (and Kayal) isn't a bad thing, it's neccessary. Not knowing quite who to pick is a far better problem to have than having no decent options beyond your first two choices.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
If Ajax genuinely want Propper, they can have him. He’s not cut out for Hughtons team, unless he moves him forward and removes the reliance to either head the ball or defend. Propper has some good touches, but strikes me as a luxury player, and lower position clubs - such as us - can not afford luxury players.........yet

Is this bollocks about Propper not defending still being bandied about?

It baffles me that any of our supporters would even countenance selling our only central midfielder with the mobility and technique to actually control the ball in the tight spaces required in a Premier League midfield. We need more players on Propper's level (like Bissouma), not less.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

It baffles me that any of our supporters would even countenance selling our only central midfielder with the mobility and technique to actually control the ball in the tight spaces required in a Premier League midfield. We need more players on Propper's level (like Bissouma), not less.

This.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

He didn't seem to control it very well when Cardiff broke on us and killed the game whilst he merrily jogged back. One of many, many similar incidents high up the pitch.

His injury has been a blessing in the past few games and anybody suggesting that we have been 'missing' him utterly baffles me.

Only way I see him having a future in this division is if we change our system and/or play him in an advanced role.

Being realistic, I think it's more likely the Dutch league beckons. As always, I hope to be proved wrong.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I wonder if language and his understanding of the role required has been a barrier at times this season? I remember when he came on away at Hudds that Hughton spoke at length to Knocky, who then relayed/translated the instructions to Biss during a delay for an injury after Hudds had been reduced to 10.

Last edited:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
The progress he has shown this season has been phenomenal.

Yes, he makes mistakes, his shooting is all over the place and he’s prone to making poor decisions but there isn’t a single player in this team I enjoy watching more than Yves Bissouma. In a season where our tactics have been to just defend, defend, defend he’s been a breath of fresh air. The ability to pick up the ball and drive from deep is something we’ve lacked so much for a long time and it’s an incredibly underrated skill to have. Think he ended yesterday with 3 tackles, 80%+ pass ratio, 5 successful dribbles & a couple of key passes. He’s really turning in to an excellent all round centre mid.

If he can iron out the flaws in his game then he’ll go to the very, very top. A champions league footballer in waiting.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
He didn't seem to control it very well when Cardiff broke on us and killed the game whilst he merrily jogged back. One of many, many similar incidents high up the pitch.

His injury has been a blessing in the past few games and anybody suggesting that we have been 'missing' him utterly baffles me.

Only way I see him having a future in this division is if we change our system and/or play him in an advanced role.

Being realistic, I think it's more likely the Dutch league beckons. As always, I hope to be proved wrong.

This ... whilst he looks like he he is technically very good the execution of his passes and his general play looks somewhat slow . My mid field would be a diamond with stephens at the back, with AK & Solly on the wings and Biss at the top. As a number 10 he would offer more strength and pace than Gross but from what I have seen his finishing is not great.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Propper is a fantastic midfielder and deserves a spot ahead of Stephens
When he can be arsed, otherwise he is a complete liability.

I'd sell him to Ajax because he's played as if his heart just isn't in it.

Sent from my SM-J610FN using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here