Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma (Gone to Spurs 17/06/2022)

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I'm always disappointed on how long these things take to sort out. Almost 9 months for this to end and Biss has had it hanging over his head all this time.

Sure they need to investigate and get all of the facts, but 9 months is ridiculous. If you took the number of actual hours worked on the case and did it intensively, probably easily get it sorted in a week or 2.

Anyway, pleased for Biss that it's all sorted out for him

What a simplistic view of an investigation. If only crimes were committed one at a time and only when the previous one had been resolved.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I'm always disappointed on how long these things take to sort out. Almost 9 months for this to end and Biss has had it hanging over his head all this time.

Sure they need to investigate and get all of the facts, but 9 months is ridiculous. If you took the number of actual hours worked on the case and did it intensively, probably easily get it sorted in a week or 2.

Welcome to hugely underfunded public services. Much more work than people to do it. Would have had one officer or investigator looking at it on top of about 25 other equally serious (if not more so) offences.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Greenwood hasn’t

True. He's under investigation on suspicion of rape, sexual assault and making threats to kill. He was held for 3 days before making bail, I guess Man U took the decision to suspend him while he was locked up. Difficult to judge without knowing the respective facts in each case, but Greenwoods case does seem more serious, hence the suspension.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
True. He's under investigation on suspicion of rape, sexual assault and making threats to kill. He was held for 3 days before making bail, I guess Man U took the decision to suspend him while he was locked up. Difficult to judge without knowing the respective facts in each case, but Greenwoods case does seem more serious, hence the suspension.

Man United's decision would have been influenced by the evidence - or apparent evidence - which was publicly available.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Man United's decision would have been influenced by the evidence - or apparent evidence - which was publicly available.

Indeed. And we can't have "the brand" being damaged can we.

Greenwood was also the other half of the Foden tag-team when they sneaked a couple of Icelandic tarts into the England hotel during the pandemic, at the time matches were being played behind closed doors. Quite the character, it would seem.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Welcome to hugely underfunded public services. Much more work than people to do it. Would have had one officer or investigator looking at it on top of about 25 other equally serious (if not more so) offences.

Nail. Head.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
What a simplistic view of an investigation. If only crimes were committed one at a time and only when the previous one had been resolved.

Not at all. Silly me for wanting a Police force that is able to investigate crime in a timely manner, that punishes criminals correctly and promptly and investigates and lets go those that have been falsely accused. Yes it is idealistic, but surely thats what we should have? As Da Man Clay says, underfunding is the issue.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not at all. Silly me for wanting a Police force that is able to investigate crime in a timely manner, that punishes criminals correctly and promptly and investigates and lets go those that have been falsely accused. Yes it is idealistic, but surely thats what we should have? As Da Man Clay says, underfunding is the issue.

Underfunded and over subscribed!! A “timely manner” can mean all sorts of things. Idealistic but totally impractical.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Example ?

I have had a look through a few and you are right that none of the people who were just under investigation were dropped and some who were even charged never even got suspended. I even found that last summer Wolves tried signing on loan Ruben Semedo a player who has been given a 5 year suspended prison sentence for armed robbery Kidnap and assault, but stopped when they thought he wouldn't get a work permit.

I spent months reading on the internet how we were a disgrace for playing Bissouma and how we are only doing it as he is our best player. It turns out we are just doing what everyone else does (and rightly so as I always thought it was the right thing to do at least until he is charged with something). It just goes to show should look into things more closely when something happens.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have had a look through a few and you are right that none of the people who were just under investigation were dropped and some who were even charged never even got suspended. I even found that last summer Wolves tried signing on loan Ruben Semedo a player who has been given a 5 year suspended prison sentence for armed robbery Kidnap and assault, but stopped when they thought he wouldn't get a work permit.

I spent months reading on the internet how we were a disgrace for playing Bissouma and how we are only doing it as he is our best player. It turns out we are just doing what everyone else does (and rightly so as I always thought it was the right thing to do at least until he is charged with something). It just goes to show should look into things more closely when something happens.

Absolutely. I would have been annoyed if Bissouma had been dropped / suspended over an allegation of sexual assault. Whilst I wouldn't belittle the seriousness of the allegation (without knowing the facts), a sexual assault allegation could in theory range from a full-on violent grope, to him walking past and pinching a birds arse on the dancefloor. As it turns out, had BHA suspended him in October, that would have written off the entire rest of his season. To then come to the end of the investigation in June and conclude with "nothing doing" would've been very naughty indeed.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

The only example of a player being suspended before being charged I can find is Everton suspending one of their players last summer as soon as he was originally arrested and then released on bail. I still think he’s on bail now and hasn’t been formally charged.

By comparison Sunderland original suspended Adam Johnson but reinstated him a few weeks later and continued to play him even after he’d been charged.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
The only example of a player being suspended before being charged I can find is Everton suspending one of their players last summer as soon as he was originally arrested and then released on bail. I still think he’s on bail now and hasn’t been formally charged.

By comparison Sunderland original suspended Adam Johnson but reinstated him a few weeks later and continued to play him even after he’d been charged.

Greenwood still hasn’t been charged. Although a bit easier to suspend someone where there is audio of the offence pretty much taking place

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

The average length of time for a sexual assault case in England from charged to Court appearance is just over3 years currently.

His contract could quite possibly have run out before the case reached court had he been charged.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's a rubbish headline - it was Brighton midfielder Yves Bissouma that was accused!

I was pretty sure it was all bollocks when he was released 'pending investigation' while his friend/companion/minder (or whatever) stayed on bail while he was allowed to go free, travel abroad, etc. IMHO, they were just trying not to look silly for unnecessarily marching him out of a nightclub in handcuffs - bit of OTT glory-hunting (we've collared a celebrity!) going on there, I think. Plod had face to save.

Not that plod would ever dream of doing anything like that of course...............................

The only photograph was in the Sun (spit) and his name released by them, whereas the other chap was never named at all. In my opinion, I wouldn't put it past that rag to have set it up, to try to trap him.
Just my opinion, nothing more than that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

100% correct. 50% of magistrates courts closed, remaining courts falling to bits waiting for repairs, 20,000 fewer police, a very badly failed privatisation of the Probation Service, the CPS reduced by 30% - all since 2010.

The Criminal Justice System is on its knees, thanks to the government.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
100% correct. 50% of magistrates courts closed, remaining courts falling to bits waiting for repairs, 20,000 fewer police, a very badly failed privatisation of the Probation Service, the CPS reduced by 30% - all since 2010.

The Criminal Justice System is on its knees, thanks to the government.

Completely agree, although I'd insist its thanks to the last four governments: that's when the cuts started and it was the likes of the disabled, local councils and the criminal justice system they slashed the most enthusiastically.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here