Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma (Gone to Spurs 17/06/2022)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
All players are passing through and using clubs as a stepping stone. Dunk didn’t think ten years ago that he would spend his career at the Albion. It’s just how it worked out. We got better and better and matched his improvement. If at any point he had outpaced us he would have gone. You don’t get to keep players who are at a higher level. We have now reached a point where the jump to the next level is the most difficult of the lot.

I agree with all of that except that Dunk outpaced us and should have gone 3 years ago. If Arsenal had signed him then, they wouldn't have had to pay as much as they did for White and would have had far more points in the seasons in between. I really think he was an opportunity missed by the top teams, but I am so glad he was.

Having him in his prime has been so important to us, and I absolutely love seeing us captained by a local lad :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I agree with all of that except that Dunk outpaced us and should have gone 3 years ago. If Arsenal had signed him then, they wouldn't have had to pay as much as they did for White and would have had far more points in the seasons in between. I really think he was an opportunity missed by the top teams, but I am so glad he was.

Having him in his prime has been so important to us, and I absolutely love seeing us captained by a local lad :thumbsup:

How very elegantly judged, and put :bowdown:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Absolute plum (Richard) on 606 moaning about Bissouma sale without seeming to realize he had one year left. Neither Savage or Sutton seem to realize either. Oh well. Wankers.

I’ve certainly been disappointed with the amount of financial illiteracy from a number of our fans on social media. £35m is not cheap considering his value would be £0 to us next June having refused to sign a new contract. It’s not really that complicated is it?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

Pretty crucial to our survival in PL .

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I’ve certainly been disappointed with the amount of financial illiteracy from a number of our fans on social media. £35m is not cheap considering his value would be £0 to us next June having refused to sign a new contract. It’s not really that complicated is it?
I find the whole fan obsession with transfer fees quite weird tbh. If we had sold Bissouma for £100m there’s still no guarantee we would sign a ready made player for £30 m or whatever it might be.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's very simple, people. Trust Tony. The man's a genius.

Unlike Barbie who's been sidelined in all club activity until we return and need antagoning.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
£35M - or £25M? We don't know - but that £10M is one hell of a difference!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Fukken Spurs have done brilliantly here. Bissy will transform their midfield.

I wish him well because he deserves a shot 'up the table'.

Fair play to the club for not tricking him onto a long contract and lying to him about letting him go. He moves in his prime and will get CL exposure. The complete opposite of how Beaky treated Dibley.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Fukken Spurs have done brilliantly here. Bissy will transform their midfield.

I wish him well because he deserves a shot 'up the table'.

Fair play to the club for not tricking him onto a long contract and lying to him about letting him go. He moves in his prime and will get CL exposure. The complete opposite of how Beaky treated Dibley.

It’s a good match and Conte is going to make Spurs a proper team next season. Albion come out of the deal showing themselves as a very good stepping stone to champions league football with little fuss when the opportunity presents itself for a player. As long as we keep getting those players in (I’ve got a feeling kozlovski is the next one after caicedo) we should be continue to punch above our financial weight.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I wonder whether we will replace Bissouma with an out and out defensive midfielder? I know we have players that that fill in that slot but no one who you could say that it’s their natural position.
If we do I reckon the most likely is Mohamed Camara at RB Salzburg. Approaching last year of his five year contract and a Malian international. Would be known by Bissouma through the national team and Mwepu through his club. Looks very dynamic and just the type of player at just 22 that we would go for.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I wonder whether we will replace Bissouma with an out and out defensive midfielder? I know we have players that that fill in that slot but no one who you could say that it’s their natural position.
If we do I reckon the most likely is Mohamed Camara at RB Salzburg. Approaching last year of his five year contract and a Malian international. Would be known by Bissouma through the national team and Mwepu through his club. Looks very dynamic and just the type of player at just 22 that we would go for.

Transfermarkt think that he extended his contract in 2020 until 2025.

Still a very good shout though.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Just like the Godfather film and hold a gun to his head and assure him if doesn't sign it his brains will be splattered all over it ?

He (or his agent) or both were never going to sign another contract as he has earned a better playing deal.

Good luck and will be interesting see how he progresses in a team with far better players than us albeit we have beaten them twice now in the Premier League.

Like for like How many of the spurs team are better than ours ?
I will concede that Son and Kane are

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Like for like How many of the spurs team are better than ours ?
I will concede that Son and Kane are

On paper or transfer wise most of them, however which turn up on the day we play them is another thing entirely

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Most of them on their day, they had one of those when they blew us away in the cup

Position by position
Lamptey over Royale
Dunk over Dier
Sanchez over Loris debatable due to his Trophy’s but he’s ageing /diminishing in ability
Cucurella over sessignon

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Barcelona have made a £34.4m offer for Robert Lewandowski.

Let's nip in with the Bis money (+ maybe a little more) and bring him to the Albion instead! Wages may be a problem of course

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Barcelona have made a £34.4m offer for Robert Lewandowski.

Let's nip in with the Bis money (+ maybe a little more) and bring him to the Albion instead! Wages may be a problem of course

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Much as I may be concerned by your perspicacity, I salute your indefatigability :salute:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here