Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma (Gone to Spurs 17/06/2022)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
And if he stays with us for many years (which unfortunately I doubt will happen) I think Caceido could be the greatest ever (based upon what I've seen in 8 or 9 games so far).

To say that someone could be our greatest ever player, based on just eight or nine performances is madness.

Ok Caicedo has made a promising start, but judge him over a whole season, not just his first few games.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I saw both many times including in the same Spurs team. Bobby Smith was very good and had a lot of skill to go with his large size, but he wasn't world class. Jimmy Greaves most certainly was and remains the greatest striker I've ever seen.

You must have been away when Ian Baird played for us!

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I see what you mean, but did you see him play for us? I'd say far and away our best player ever while with us.
Yes, I did see him, but a) I was only a teenager at the time and maybe my appreciation of the subtler arts of the game were less well tuned than they are now b) it was a long time ago c) there's not the same level of footage of him playing to compare d) IMO the quality of players Lawro was up against in old Div2 and Div1 does not compare to the level of football today.

None of that isn't to say that he was not a great footballer for us. Liverpool would not have paid £900000 for him otherwise. However, I still maintain that he went onto another level after he left us, and some of the comments about him at Albion smack of a bit of reflected glory.

Comparing players from different eras is very difficult. What I would say is the Lawro would have been just as successful today as he was in the 1980s.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
To say that someone could be our greatest ever player, based on just eight or nine performances is madness.

Ok Caicedo has made a promising start, but judge him over a whole season, not just his first few games.
I know it is wishful thinking at the moment, but as others have said in this thread, it took Biss a couple of seasons to get up to Premier League standard. Moises has done in a couple of months.
If he plays that well next season, we won't miss Biss as much, if and when he goes.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I see what you mean, but did you see him play for us? I'd say far and away our best player ever while with us.

What does the term ''best player' mean , skill level or contribution and indeed what level of football.

The most technically gifted player we have had is probably Vicente - probably best player in Europe in 2004 but generally past his best when he played for us.

The player that has been most influential has to be Dunk (as his goals kept us up in Hypia season, great CB in the 2 seasons in push to get out of the Championship, Probably kept us up in first 2 seasons in PL and has done pretty well since .

Not sure you can really compare 40 years ago and now football is very different.

I started watching Brighton in 1969 ......

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What does the term ''best player' mean , skill level or contribution and indeed what level of football.

The most technically gifted player we have had is probably Vicente - probably best player in Europe in 2004 but generally past his best when he played for us.

The player that has been most influential has to be Dunk (as his goals kept us up in Hypia season, great CB in the 2 seasons in push to get out of the Championship, Probably kept us up in first 2 seasons in PL and has done pretty well since .

Not sure you can really compare 40 years ago and now football is very different.

I started watching Brighton in 1969 ......

JCL

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
We don't need to sell anyone. So like last close season with Ben White, a bank transfer of circa £50m or greater is the only thing that will make Uncle Tony say yes.
What a position to be in! Methinks he holds all the aces!

TNBA

TTF

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
We don't need to sell anyone. So like last close season with Ben White, a bank transfer of circa £50m or greater is the only thing that will make Uncle Tony say yes.
What a position to be in! Methinks he holds all the aces!

TNBA

TTF

But roll the clock forwards 12 months and TB won’t be in such a strong position!!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Would be very surprised IF this comes true ?
Not the £££ there once was in Italian football

Roma are owned by an American multi billionaire and very ambitious. If they want him, they could definitely afford him.

I’d happily see him go there ahead of a Villa of Newcastle and potentially a good move for him too although he’ll have to get used to much poorer coaching than he gets at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here