Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birmingham - snow?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
doesnt look good does it,im on the 740 from lancing via littlehampton,hope its called off tom night

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
It's annoying because the trains may be disrupted but the match not, and visa versa. I'm on a train that arrives in New Street at 1.45 pm with a planned walk to the ground from there. If BCFC still think it is O.K to go ahead I may book a National Express cheapo to Birmingham from Victoria as contingency. Choices, deliberations..

Actually, looking at the National Express coach prices, I wish I'd booked the London to Birmingham leg with them anyway. It's only 2.5 hours from Victoria. Not much difference between that and the tube/waiting around at Euston.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm off to buy my ticket this afternoon. Wont be going but gambling on a free pie & pint and refund on ticket!
Seriously though. Points on the board or games in hand, what is best.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm off to buy my ticket this afternoon. Wont be going but gambling on a free pie & pint and refund on ticket!

Potentially 4 points behind the SCUM with a game in hand , what do think ?

daveyboy40

Feb 25, 2009
Im travelling up tomorrow early afternoon and staying at relatives in Kidderminster for weekend...i hope it's f**king on.....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Personally, I don't think it will be the end of the world if this is off.

1. It gives Ulloa some time to get up and running.

2. I think there is a good chance that Birmingham's squad will be weakened by the end of the month. Butland and Burke, for starters, are likely to be off. Maybe Redmond too.

Last edited:

gatwickseagull07

Jan 30, 2012
Exeter
Daveyboy as ur going to be up there tomorrow, can you give us all a weather update, made the wasted trip to blackburn last month, just hope we keep the roads clear & the snow isn't as heavy as predicted

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Mate of mine's at Birmingham Uni, and has just said he thinks it'll be called off. It's not getting above 0 degrees, and is snowing, with heavy snow forecast for the rest of the next 2 days. Also says that St Andrews is on a hill, and thus even if the pitch is ok, the area around it will not be.

If I had a ticket I wouldn't even bother setting off on Saturday if things stay the same.

Sheffield Wednesday game on Saturday will definitely be off, we've got a mixture of heavy snow and light snow showers from this afternoon until Tuesday at least, with no breaks. It's so cold up here that it's settling, and seems the same in Brum.

llugaes

Jan 20, 2009
From BFC reception:
Given the freezing temperatures this week and for the next few days ahead, the underground heating system is on for the game, however there is some snow forecast on Friday for as much as up to 15cm and further snow overnight Friday into Saturday with a slight thaw and sunshine forecast for Saturday itself. The pitch and underground heating system coped well with 5cm snow we had on Monday morning and with no issues, therefore unless we were to receive epic proportions of snow Friday and Saturday, at this stage we do not have any particular concern with regards to the game on Saturday. We will access again tomorrow.

this seems very optimistic and it's getting my hopes up :(

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Birmingham have said the pitch won't be an issue as they have undersoil heating, but the deciding factor will be the condition of the local area, hopefully the council and the club will get surrounding roads and pavements gritted.

Lucky they don't rely on public transport like us.

C

CT1

Im going up there tomorrow and staying over on friday and saturday night. Two outcomes are possible. Either Ill be staying up there for no reason and wasting my weekend, or if the game somehow is on, ill be there in an empty away end with only those who lived near by. Great.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Mate of mine's at Birmingham Uni, and has just said he thinks it'll be called off. It's not getting above 0 degrees, and is snowing, with heavy snow forecast for the rest of the next 2 days. Also says that St Andrews is on a hill, and thus even if the pitch is ok, the area around it will not be.

If I had a ticket I wouldn't even bother setting off on Saturday if things stay the same.

Sheffield Wednesday game on Saturday will definitely be off, we've got a mixture of heavy snow and light snow showers from this afternoon until Tuesday at least, with no breaks. It's so cold up here that it's settling, and seems the same in Brum.

The really annoying thing is if both Birmingham and Sheffield Wednesday ( :lolol: ) get called off, I won't have any more away games to go to, as they're my only two I'm going to this season!

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I am sure it will be off. I live in Warwick and work in Coventry. The pavements are like ice rinks in cov in fact a woman from work broke her ankle a couple of days back. I can't see it being on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here