Birmingham - snow?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Trying to keep positive - will the game be on, and travel will be difficult - let's hope not another blackburn !

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
If I were a betting man I would be putting money on it being called off.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
There is expected to be around 11cm of snow in the early hours of friday morning. However, Birmingham do take care of their pitch very well and it DOES have undersoil heating

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
These days it's not about the pitch but the surrounding areas.Imagine if the Amex had the same sinario the pitch would be ok but how about the coaches that were spread all over Sussex & Surrey trying to get fans to the game.
Under soil heating serves its purpose for frozen pitches but when it comes to snow it becomes irrelevant.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
The pitch might be fine. The area around the outside of the stadium might not be. I don't think the pavements have underpavement heating.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Looks very dodgy plus travelling could be a nightmare, still providing it is on we will make every effort to get there

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Seems alot of talk that the VIlla match v Baggies will be called off so I imagine yours will be as well

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Living in Birmingham I think it will be off the ground is on a hill and we have 1ft of snow predicted over the whole of Friday (3am to 9pm is the window when I last looked) with overnight temps down to -10 in places.

As others have said I can see it being called off (along with most of the football programme Friday and Saturday) on safety grounds.

and still no ticket

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
If its called off we need it called early.

I'm travelling on a supporter coach and if it sets off and is called off en route the coach still has to be paid for .......

I'm hoping its on as I can't make the mid week replay.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Hmm, I live just outside Dudley and it seems OK today, a bit of snow in the air - not much - but is is a little chilly (hovering between -1 and +1).

I don't like snow.

Or, in Black Country speak.

Yow now yow, dow'you, I dae like snow.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
BBC weather has it pretty much snowing constantly from 4am Friday morning through to Saturday night, with the temperature not getting much above -2.

Not looking promising.

franks brother

The Environment Department has issued a travel warning due to the snowfall and bad road conditions.

They suggest that anyone travelling in the current icy conditions should make sure they have the following with them:

Shovel
Blankets or sleeping bag
Extra clothing including hat, gloves and high-vis jacket
24 hours’ worth of food and 5 litres of drinking water
De-icer
Tow rope
Rock salt
Torch with spare batteries
Road flares and reflective triangles
Full petrol/diesel can
First aid kit
Booster cables

I looked a right :tosser: on the bus this morning

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports