Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Birmingham City v Brighton And Hove Albion 15.00 KO St Andrews

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Stephens still hasn't learned about going in studs up. Would be interesting to see what VAR would have made of that challenge just then.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I'm not sure these three have the skills to play three at back. Encouraging signs overall though.
Other slight negative- Propper still seems a bit...lost? Lost or something, i dunno, just ineffective.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Propper still looks like he is struggling with passing the ball. Think he may be the one that misses out in midfield starting place. Stephens looks better passing quicker and forwards instead of backwards like last season

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Friendlies. When you lose it doesn't matter as it's only a friendly, when you play well and win handsomely we are going to win the European Cup.
We are sounding decent today but still extremely pensive about this season unless we can bring in a couple of quality signings.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Propper still looks like he is struggling with passing the ball. Think he may be the one that misses out in midfield starting place. Stephens looks better passing quicker and forwards instead of backwards like last season

Stephens for me always takes a touch too many which is why he is often diving into challenges after losing the ball.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Linesman's had a shocker

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Looking pretty good, lots of mistakes but you can see signs of Potterball. Aside from the wingers surely your team must be slowest in PL though.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Stephens still hasn't learned about going in studs up. Would be interesting to see what VAR would have made of that challenge just then.

I thought that. He didn't seem to make contact with them but I'd have booked him as a warning.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Would love to see Alzate on for Propper, Baluta given a go as one of the three at the back, Andone up there with Trossard for a while.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Friendlies. When you lose it doesn't matter as it's only a friendly, when you play well and win handsomely we are going to win the European Cup.
We are sounding decent today but still extremely pensive about this season unless we can bring in a couple of quality signings.

I wouldn't say being 2-0 up against Birmingham means much more than losing to Fulham did last week. Friendlies don't matter THAT much. But they do allow a glimpse in to the season and it looks to me like Big Jurgs has been reborn, Trossard suits our style more than Knocky would have and we are going to both score and concede more goals than last season. It's only based on 45 mins of course but it's nice to see at least some of the suspicions looking close to confirmed.

I also agree with [MENTION=21477]Dick Swiveller[/MENTION] - we look like we're enjoying ourselves.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Strange to see Stockdale turn out against us even now.
Trossard playing across the front line brings Locardia into play and March at wing back looks the business.
Not convinced 3 at the back will work though. Looking k a little too open

That worries me against Div 1 opposition. Other than that, like what I see.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Promising half. Like the inventiveness of some of the attacking play, a bit worried about the tendency to give the ball away cheaply 30 yards from our own goal. But great to see us on the front foot against opponents we'd expect to beat, rather than trying to grind them down. And 2 goals with Gross on the bench has to be a good sign.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Potterball appears to be Poyetball but without the defence.

Good interplay up front and when attacking from midfield

Giving the ball away and a bit of a panic when we defend

I also think we may have seen our last 0-0

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here