Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Birmingham City v Brighton And Hove Albion 15.00 KO St Andrews

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's going to be an interesting old season. one way or another. Trossard looks MINT eh [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION]?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Birmingham doing that tried and trusted Albion thing of last season - always looking to play the ball backwards before they ever contemplate playing the ball forwards. Stephens would slot RIGHT in there :thumbsup:

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
Trossard is very busy and most unselfish. He's very skillful and just tries to do the right thing.

Perhaps the reason knockaert has gone? Seems like we're quickly passing it around up top with one touch lay offs and plenty of movement .....not necessarily knockys style of relentlessly taking the man on (sometimes one too many times)

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
How good does Dan Burn look?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
March and trossard looking very good together

Noticeable how central his role has become at times. In some secondary attacks he becomes our centre forward.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Strange to see Stockdale turn out against us even now.
Trossard playing across the front line brings Locardia into play and March at wing back looks the business.
Not convinced 3 at the back will work though. Looking k a little too open

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The one thing I have taken from the first half against Fulham and so far today is that there have been patches whereby it is the most entertaining interplay I have seen in 30 odd seasons of watching pre-season friendlies. Yes poor defending from the opposition. Yes, giving it away a lot and struggling with the formation at times. But there are more instances of technically gifted players being allowed to be technically gifted players. More players forward more often. More players looking happier in the role they are given.

You can see in glimpses why the change was made and a sense of what could be if it comes off. The big unknown is if we can play in this style against PL teams and we will be none the wiser until Watford as Valencia will play a different style. But it does look like we got what a lot of people wished for - more entertaining pattern of play. Let's hope it isn't a case of "be careful what you wish for" because this could be good.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
According to the commentary we beat Fulham 2-1 at 'The Cottage' last week.

I'm not sure what all the FUSS was about.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Last week beat Fulham 2-1 at the Cottage.

Great commentary going to mute now before I throw something at the laptop

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here