Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birmingham City FC v Brighton and Hove Albion FC ***Official Match Thread***

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Absolutely spot on.
Amazes me the shit that is posted on here. None of the posters since the final whistle, were at the game, they relied, as I did on Cantor and Wozza's radio commentary. There was no mention of us sitting deep and letting them come at us, it is just everyone assuming it. We were always gonna get pushed back once he brought Zigiks on and played Hall and Redmond wide.
Before the match kicked off, Aspinall said they miss out the midfield and rely on the big hoof into the box, so as soon as he brought Zigiks on for the 2nd half, we knew that was the game plan. He was always gonna out jump GG and AEA and cause them problems, then when they brought Marlon on, they were always liable to score.
As it was, we defended well under pressure, and should of put the game to bed.
As for the substitutions, I think Gus got it right. Dicker and Buckers to replace Dave and Orlandi, we didnt need a creative midfield, Dicks to close things down, Buckers to still give us the speed on the break threat and push them back.
Vicente for CMS seemed right for me, gives him game time, Barnsey drops back to bolster the midfield, and Vicente is probably the best player in the leagus at keeping the ball when the opposition are trying to throw the kitchen sink at you.
So one cross got though to Zigiks, and a weak header would have been swallowed easily by PIG 99 times out of a 100, today he f***ed up, but he is still the best keeper ever to play for the Albion, cant blame him, anyone can make a cock up.
To sum up, 2 points lost, but from 1-0 down, I would have settled for a draw.
Lets carry the form on and stuff Blackburn

Wouldnt disagree on most points but to say he's the best keeper to play for us is wrong

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Um, back on topic... :lolol:

I think it's pretty much a given that if Arsenal start with Walcott and Giroud then they're gonna score a few against us, but their defence is pretty fragile, so can we score more than them? Guaranteed goalfest if you ask me.

(Now guaranteed to be 0-0)

Hope if we don't win it is a draw I can do the Emirates game.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Wouldnt disagree on most points but to say he's the best keeper to play for us is wrong

It's got to be a very short list ahead of him, at least in the memory of those of us who are not the tribal elders.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
Urgh horribly soft goal to give away in injury time, Zigich the only threat, Greer could've helped El Abd and Koosh seeing it all the way with no pressure on him from any other player. ffs

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Urgh horribly soft goal to give away in injury time, Zigich the only threat, Greer could've helped El Abd and Koosh seeing it all the way with no pressure on him from any other player. ffs

They scored a freak goal, get over it... we still have 57 points to play for.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It's got to be a very short list ahead of him, at least in the memory of those of us who are not the tribal elders.

How old do you have to be? I'm 45 and can think of 2 better than straight away.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Perhaps surprisingly yesterday was the first time we have let in a goal in the last 10 minutes since Bolton on 24 November. I reckon that is a pretty good record and even then the goal conceded was a one off keeper error. That suggests to me we are doing more right than wrong defensively.

By my calculation we have scored 4 in the last 10 minutes (Milwall, Peterbro, Burnley and Barnsley) which have gained us 3 'extra' points and have let in 5 (Birmingham, Bolton, Huddersfield, Wolves and Hull) costing us 7 points. Thus overall we have lost 4 points in that final period.

Perhaps the issue is more one of scoring when we have the opportunity (hence our new forward)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here