Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birmingham City FC v Brighton and Hove Albion FC ***Official Match Thread***

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Um, back on topic... :lolol:

I think it's pretty much a given that if Arsenal start with Walcott and Giroud then they're gonna score a few against us, but their defence is pretty fragile, so can we score more than them? Guaranteed goalfest if you ask me.

(Now guaranteed to be 0-0)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm pissed off.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Funny how a result changes your mindset? I was excited about the FA Cup game against Arsenal but suddenly the Arsenal game has become a bit of a thorn and a distraction.

We need to get the win at Blackburn and make this todays result look like a good point to pick up.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Really gutted today. Plenty of avoidable reverses this season but that was such a daft goal to concede. Birmingham have talented players but Clark is tactically clueless and they could easily be sucked in to relegation We will improve our scoring ratio but central defence is the problem now as we lack natural height and pace despite their passing ability and tackling on the ground being better than most.

Oh well let's see if we can deal with Rhodes on Tuesday and bring home a result...... we really are so so close to being a fantastic side.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Really gutted today. Plenty of avoidable reverses this season but that was such a daft goal to concede. Birmingham have talented players but Clark is tactically clueless and they could easily be sucked in to relegation We will improve our scoring ratio but central defence is the problem now as we lack natural height and pace despite their passing ability and tackling on the ground being better than most.

Oh well let's see if we can deal with Rhodes on Tuesday and bring home a result...... we really are so so close to being a fantastic side.

Clark may be tactically clueless but we haven't beaten one of his teams yet.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Can't really see we did a lot wrong, it was a dolly catch the Pole would have caught 999 out of 1000. Defended well and actually limited to barely a chance (after they scored their first mind...). Can't really legislate for your keeper dropping a clanger.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007

Can't really see we did a lot wrong, it was a dolly catch the Pole would have caught 999 out of 1000. Defended well and actually limited to barely a chance (after they scored their first mind...). Can't really legislate for your keeper dropping a clanger.

Not being overly critical but it was clear after the first goal thst we would never cope if he sent on Zigic and we didnt. BUT all they did was play wide and cross........... one trick ponies!

we are one of thr very best in this division going forward in every aspect except scoring and hopefully Ulloa will help resolve that. We are creative in midfield and have god attacking fullbacks who are as good as most in this league. We have hard working centrebacks who battle and pass but lack a bit of addefd pace and height and dont come to the party enough going forward. Happy with them if we are happy to stay in this league but by next year we may have lost some of our key assets.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Not being overly critical but it was clear after the first goal thst we would never cope if he sent on Zigic and we didnt. BUT all they did was play wide and cross........... one trick ponies!

we are one of thr very best in this division going forward in every aspect except scoring and hopefully Ulloa will help resolve that. We are creative in midfield and have god attacking fullbacks who are as good as most in this league. We have hard working centrebacks who battle and pass but lack a bit of addefd pace and height and dont come to the party enough going forward. Happy with them if we are happy to stay in this league but by next year we may have lost some of our key assets.

100% Agree. We need a finisher of crosses and 1/2 centre backs who don't take any shit. If we get that sorted by next season and hang onto most of our key players we'll finish top 6 for sure (in my eyes).

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
brightonmark1234 ok

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

We did cope, Zigic hardly had a sniff around the area, they hardly had a chance all 2nd half. His equaliser can't even be described as an effort. It was simply a goalkeeping error.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007

100% Agree. We need a finisher of crosses and 1/2 centre backs who don't take any shit. If we get that sorted by next season and hang onto most of our key players we'll finish top 6 for sure (in my eyes).

our not being able to handle routine crosses is nothing to do with Clark's ability
Feel desperately for Kuszczak. He makes so few errors that a howler must hurt him like hell.
We are a player or two short of being a stand-out side but it is just whether we will have time to bridge the gap.

I love how good we (nearly) are which is maybe why today is so frustrating.

Back on a positive for Tuesday. :lolol:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
our not being able to handle routine crosses is nothing to do with Clark's ability
Feel desperately for Kuszczak. He makes so few errors that a howler must hurt him like hell.
We are a player or two short of being a stand-out side but it is just whether we will have time to bridge the gap.

I love how good we (nearly) are which is maybe why today is so frustrating.

Back on a positive for Tuesday. :lolol:

It's an OK result despite where Birmingham are in the table. We do need to get 3 points on Tuesday though which will probably be a tougher game, but with Ulloa I have faith we can do the business!

Feb 14, 2010
Poyet must shake his head with these players. With one on one misses and last minute goals given away, we should be comfortably in the play offs. What the fck is wrong with this squad?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

Absolutely spot on.
Amazes me the shit that is posted on here. None of the posters since the final whistle, were at the game, they relied, as I did on Cantor and Wozza's radio commentary. There was no mention of us sitting deep and letting them come at us, it is just everyone assuming it. We were always gonna get pushed back once he brought Zigiks on and played Hall and Redmond wide.
Before the match kicked off, Aspinall said they miss out the midfield and rely on the big hoof into the box, so as soon as he brought Zigiks on for the 2nd half, we knew that was the game plan. He was always gonna out jump GG and AEA and cause them problems, then when they brought Marlon on, they were always liable to score.
As it was, we defended well under pressure, and should of put the game to bed.
As for the substitutions, I think Gus got it right. Dicker and Buckers to replace Dave and Orlandi, we didnt need a creative midfield, Dicks to close things down, Buckers to still give us the speed on the break threat and push them back.
Vicente for CMS seemed right for me, gives him game time, Barnsey drops back to bolster the midfield, and Vicente is probably the best player in the leagus at keeping the ball when the opposition are trying to throw the kitchen sink at you.
So one cross got though to Zigiks, and a weak header would have been swallowed easily by PIG 99 times out of a 100, today he f***ed up, but he is still the best keeper ever to play for the Albion, cant blame him, anyone can make a cock up.
To sum up, 2 points lost, but from 1-0 down, I would have settled for a draw.
Lets carry the form on and stuff Blackburn

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just got back.

We played alright, the better team, but ultimately a keeping error has cost us three points. Shit happens. Sat next to attila and shared my pistachio nuts with him, also spotted Mendoza and Edna K.......only needed Northy and Des to complete my celebrity Brighton fan bingo card.

Glad to report that Vicente has lost none of his Jedi powers. Gutted not to win, but we played good football so its difficult to be too downhearted. Oh and Barnes's movement is excellent.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Birmingham scored from a set piece corner with their number 4 given a free header. Barnesy struck it sweetly to beat the keeper just inside the post to make it 1-1. Spanish Dave scored a beauty to make 1-2. We failed to get a third and in the end it was Kuszczak with a comical error to bring the score to 2-2. If only Barnesy had passed to Vicente in the last minute of stoppage time instead of taking a shot. We should have come back with all 3 points but a draw is better than a loss on the road.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Absolutely spot on.
Amazes me the shit that is posted on here. None of the posters since the final whistle, were at the game, they relied, as I did on Cantor and Wozza's radio commentary. There was no mention of us sitting deep and letting them come at us, it is just everyone assuming it. n

Do you talk shite for a job? Not once did I assume the game, I, like you listened on player, I even mentioned we nearly won the game but for a 'world class' save apparently. That doesn't suck of sitting deep. Don't place everyone in the same boat, you'll just annoy the f***ing lot of us, better off annoying the misery brigade than the likes of me fella.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here