Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birds, Balls and Brighton

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Yes, that's the repeat on Channel 4 - it's on More4 tonight.

I do wonder if it's wise having a 'warts and all' documentary about the club - other clubs who have allowed cameras behind the scenes access didn't exactly benefit.... What does the club get out of it?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Whichever MOD just went to the EFFORT of merging all these, many thanks. Kept meaning to get round to doing it, but it was SO dull, as there were SO many threads...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Mods-you missed one.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I saw it the other day. It's OK, though as someone has said above, it does try and create a point of drama where none really existed. Charlie and Adam El-Abd both come across very well, I thought, the fan maybe less so - he's portrayed as a bit overly obsessed IMO. Oh, and there is precisely NO match action shown - a rights issue, I guess.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Mike Ward - Albion Fan said on TALKSPORT its -----------Pretty Dire------not his words completely but you get the drift!!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Mike Ward - Albion Fan said on TALKSPORT its -----------Pretty Dire------not his words completely but you get the drift!!

Bit like his book then...?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I saw it the other day. It's OK, though as someone has said above, it does try and create a point of drama where none really existed. Charlie and Adam El-Abd both come across very well, I thought, the fan maybe less so - he's portrayed as a bit overly obsessed IMO. Oh, and there is precisely NO match action shown - a rights issue, I guess.

It says Episode 1, and Sky + seems to indicate that it's a series. Is that the case or is it just a one off documentary?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
It says Episode 1, and Sky + seems to indicate that it's a series. Is that the case or is it just a one off documentary?

It's a series in as much as C4 has commissioned a series of films called First Cut - up and coming directors and such. They're all entirely stand-alone, however, so this is the only one about BHAFC - and that's kind of where it falls down - implying that the Watford game was some sort of do-or-die promotion battle.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's a series in as much as C4 has commissioned a series of films called First Cut - up and coming directors and such. They're all entirely stand-alone, however, so this is the only one about BHAFC - and that's kind of where it falls down - implying that the Watford game was some sort of do-or-die promotion battle.

Cheers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here