Bigger fish to fry than palace?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Ermm..5 points ahead, that's BIG FRY. No thanks to George Lazenby though.
Can we still be your rivals, PLEEEEEEZE? Even though, as for the last thirty years, you're still better than us where it matters - on the pitch.

(Naturally WHEN our fantastic stadium, huge crowds, great chairman, yada yada yada actually do manage to turn us into the better side we'll need to immediately re-think the arrangement as it will mean that the tables will have irrevocably been turned, we'll never play you again and the OPs fantastically accurate point will once more become valid)

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I think this started out as a piss take, but with our recent form, it's backfired a wee bit.
I'm not one for gloating and rubbing peoples noses in it, because as we all know, a bad run or a good run are just around the corner.
Our rivalry will stay strong for a few more years to come, and I hope most of you realise that fact !
Up the Palace !!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I think this started out as a piss take, but with our recent form, it's backfired a wee bit.
I'm not one for gloating and rubbing peoples noses in it, because as we all know, a bad run or a good run are just around the corner.
Our rivalry will stay strong for a few more years to come, and I hope most of you realise that fact !
Up the Palace !!

It could still backfire for you too-fancy letting Dougie go..i'd be worried if i was a Palace fan

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Never understood the Palace cobblers.

a) For whatever reason we rarely meet these days.Oh! for Div 3 (S).
b) Have we all forgotten our rivalry with Longford ?
c) My mate Mick reckons our true rivalry is with Stains whom he ardently dislikes.Oh! for Div 3 (S).
d) Whoever we play.......

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
It could still backfire for you too-fancy letting Dougie go..i'd be worried if i was a Palace fan

He wanted to talk to Bolton, he felt they were a better option to reach the holy grail of the premier league, time will tell I suppose.
I'm not worried, after the first 3 games, to be where we are now was unthinkable.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

Dont worry about us were doing just fine . Its all ifs and butts really anything thing could happen ( as the last week has proved ) When the new manager is installed he wont have to tinker to much which is good and hopefully it wont disrupte us to much imo we are over the worse . Looking forward to see how you respond on friday against lids lids lids !

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Dont worry about us were doing just fine . Its all ifs and butts really anything thing could happen ( as the last week has proved ) When the new manager is installed he wont have to tinker to much which is good and hopefully it wont disrupte us to much imo we are over the worse . Looking forward to see how you respond on friday against lids lids lids !

True and a new manager could indeed carry on the good work,with regards to Leeds,some people on here want a backlash,i would take 1-0

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
He wanted to talk to Bolton, he felt they were a better option to reach the holy grail of the premier league, time will tell I suppose.
I'm not worried, after the first 3 games, to be where we are now was unthinkable.

Sure but could the board have done more? especially as things were looking like they were finally building up a head of steam.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Sure but could the board have done more? especially as things were looking like they were finally building up a head of steam.

No one will know the real ins and outs of what went on, but the fact remained he had 6 months left on his contract , Palace offered him a new deal, but his head had been turned.
How could you keep a unhappy and unmotivated manager for the rest of the season ?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
No one will know the real ins and outs of what went on, but the fact remained he had 6 months left on his contract , Palace offered him a new deal, but his head had been turned.
How could you keep a unhappy and unmotivated manager for the rest of the season ?

If a player/manager wants out,i am with you on this no one is bigger than the club,let them go and get the best deal/compensation possible-i hope it backfires for you (well i could not wish you luck could i).

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009

He resigned, something our Chairmen have put in the public domain. Makes more sense when put like this quote, attributed to Steve Browett (co owner). 'Unlike myself or you, Dougie isn't a fan'. Puts everything into perspective when you think that he saw his job as a job in football. Besides, there's not a person anywhere who would turn down huge payrises, definite 3 year contract/personal wealth with financial security for his family and if you say different i would say you are a liar. Everyone has a price, Dougie found his and i wish him well.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Dont get me wrong I was brought up with the palace thing through the 70s and 80s and for me it will always be a great rivalry.

But is the reality that the Albion will over the next few years continue to fulfil its regional identity and so will palace be small fry compared to the Albion?

Just a thought but is this rivalry likely to end up going the same way as say Stoke and Port Vale? Intense for the fans but in footballing terms, just too one sided?...
with every palace win this cringing thread comes to mind. :facepalm:

I thought it was a joke thread even back then but now just seems pathetic, arrogant, egotistical and plain clueless

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
The thread that just keeps giving !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports