Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bigger fish to fry than palace?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Jeez, give it a rest. Were you beaten with an abacus when you were a baby? Numbers, numbers, numbers. But you never quote the ones that count (the ones that earn you points) 3 - 0

Give it a rest, you have the bragging rights at present and we are not disputing that, but stop picking on kids like The Major.

IFHB

Apr 14, 2010
Give it a rest, you have the bragging rights at present and we are not disputing that, but stop picking on kids like The Major.

Sorry El P. Woke up a bit cranky this morning. I would appreciate it if someone could put him on the naughty step for a while though. Where is your ignore option?

Edit: Found it

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yeah, it's not his fault that he only has a one-note tin whistle. After all he has a deprived upbringing.

It's his future wife I feel sorry for, if his posts on NSC are anything to go by, it's going to be a one position sex life*.

*Apologies to all Catholics on NSC, who follow the word of their church, and for whom one position is more than enough

It's his future wife I feel sorry for, if his posts on NSC are anything to go by, it's going to be a one position sex life*.

*Apologies to all Catholics on NSC, who follow the word of their church, and for whom one position is more than enough

:eek:

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
For the moment we continue to fry palace.

Ultimately, the rise of the albion will continue - without doubt we now have a premier league operation, and the status will follow soon. I have no certainty of the destiny of palace.

You seem to be a bit of a dreamer Blue. Let's be honest, it takes way more than having a nice stadium that's packed with loads of (plastic) fans, to get promotion. Look at Cardiff, it's been all in place for them for years yet they've not gone up. Look at teams like Leeds and Saints, they had the infrastructure in place but it didn't stop them plummeting into League One for a spell. Teams like Burnley and Blackpool in recent years have proven that a smaller team can out do the teams with bigger budgets/support/stadia and make it to the Premier League. I know it must be comforting for you to think that one day not to far away you will be finally gracing Englands elite league but there is also just as much chance that you won't see it for another 10 years or beyond, this division is the hardest league to get out of in the world IMO, it's so competitive and only 3 teams can go up. No one has a divine right just because they look good on paper, the sooner you realise that the better.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Would you eat a Carp from the Trent?

Forest in batter, or with breadcrumbs?

Home match. Away and I would prefer barbecued over a forest fire.

Andyjohnson

Feb 1, 2012
Dont get me wrong, good luck with your win, enjoy your day in the sun. Football is about the minnows beating the bigger teams .

I'd be really disappointed if we kept getting trounced by a smaller club the way we beat you?? Must be soul destroying.

This thread is some sort of joke, you need this rivalry without it you'd be Reading basically. A no mark 'soccer' club that no one would ever give a toss about playing. We've always got Millwall and Charlton which are more relevant for me anyway

Andyjohnson

Feb 1, 2012
Dont get me wrong, good luck with your win, enjoy your day in the sun. Football is about the minnows beating the bigger teams .

I'd be really disappointed if we kept getting trounced by a smaller club the way we beat you?? Must be soul destroying.

This thread is some sort of joke, you need this rivalry without it you'd be Reading basically. A no mark 'soccer' club with a shiny new stadium full of a few Brighton fans, lots of ex Man Utd fans and ex rugby fans that no one would ever give a toss about playing. We've always got Millwall and Charlton which are more relevant for me anyway

fisons

Feb 21, 2005

This thread is some sort of joke, you need this rivalry without it you'd be Reading basically. A no mark 'soccer' club that no one would ever give a toss about playing. We've always got Millwall and Charlton which are more relevant for me anyway

yep - millwall and charlton. you stick with them. just about the right level and similar demographics. Enjoy coming to decent stadiums while you can. must be nice for you though - a day out by the seaside. I can see whats in it for you but do please run along.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Palace are small fry now to be fair, and on a downward spiral.

Well someone had to bump this thread, it might as well be me. ;)

To be honest I'm amazed we pulled it off after our dreadful run in and I expect next season to be a right struggle. But we did it.

Small fry? maybe, but in the premier league, I'll take that.

Have a great season.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I was waiting for this to be bumped..The op should hang his/her head in shame, downward spiral, my arse!!

Feb 14, 2010

Hello mate, are you one of the 11000 against Bristol City at home in the championship or one of your newbie glory hunters? Yes mate, clubs who get bigger gates than Leeds when in the same division do look down on clubs like palace and yes we should have bigger fish to fry. Brighton however always under achieve, but I thought that Bloom would change that. Maybe he will still, we shall see. Now run along to drum practice or will you be busy at your dinner table watching blue peter and cutting out cardboard for your next display?

AmexGold

Banned
Apr 22, 2014
Hello mate, are you one of the 11000 against Bristol City at home in the championship or one of your newbie glory hunters? Yes mate, clubs who get bigger gates than Leeds when in the same division do look down on clubs like palace and yes we should have bigger fish to fry. Brighton however always under achieve, but I thought that Bloom would change that. Maybe he will still, we shall see. Now run along to drum practice or will you be busy at your dinner table watching blue peter and cutting out cardboard for your next display?

Well said, we showed them again didn't we. And well done to the 800 Albion fans that stayed singing to the end.

Y Ddraig Goch

Sep 28, 2011

Been here through the shit times which made playing Bristol City at home with gates of 11000 positively exciting.

Was torn today between wanting you to come up and enjoying watching you fall on your arse. I see little point in a rivalry if we never play each other though after last seasons shenanigans a season or two apart is probably best.

Bloom has done well for you but he's a gambler by nature, will he get to the stage where he has decided that's his stake done? Last year you weren't as good as you thought you were, this season you're not as bad as some of you think.

No need for cardboard displays not until August anyway. Plus I'm not allowed sharp objects.

Enjoy next season in the championship, I'm sure it's all part of your plan for being "ready" to come up.............. Eventually

CPFC Forever

Apr 22, 2014
As a Palace fan, I can safely say that Brighton will always be our rivals - no matter what division you are in. The rivalry is a good natured one but a fierce one, nonetheless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here