Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bigger fish to fry than palace?

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
It gets right on my tits when people just label palace small fry, we have been below them for the best part of 30 years! but we finish above them in the league by 7 points and that's that, there not worthy of are rivalry? Arrogance is an understatement.

spot on, how soon we forget.....

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Always palace, don't care if they're in non league, still hate them. If they drop like a stone I will still hate them as they never stopped hating us!!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Being someone who usually roots for the underdog, my main fear is that I might begin to feel sorry for them. If Palace were in our old situation, needing a draw at Hereford to stay in the league, I dare say I would have wanted them to have got it.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Yep, utter shit thread and glad to see most Albion fans are sensisble enough to see that. No doubt you are doing very well and are going in the right direction and we have had some bad times in recent years but there is nothing to suggest we are going down to the lower leagues as some are suggesting, i'd like to think that there are signs that our downward spiral is ending and in Freedman we can build a young, hungry and succesful team in the coming years. Whilst we are are in the same league or one league apart, the rivalery will always be fierce, just the way most of us like it! :kiss:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Given that we've never done the double over them, does that mean we were never here in the first place?

errrr....

how about

1950/51
51/52
55/56
57/58
75/76
80/81
83/84 ?

They've done the double over us only 4 times, the last of which was 1932/33

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It is 8,677 days since we beat them at home, the OP's comments are cringeworthy.

I want us to stuff Palace at the Amex, that gives us bragging rights, not this embarrassing will waving nonsense about attendances or pies sold.

It's a FOOTBALL rivalry, not an edition of Grand Designs or Come Dine With Me.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
It gets right on my tits when people just label palace small fry, we have been below them for the best part of 30 years! but we finish above them in the league by 7 points and that's that, there not worthy of are rivalry? Arrogance is an understatement.

This! Maybe after 30 years we will downgrade them but for that long AT LEAST they are number 1 rival, even if they don't manage to CHEAT AGAIN and end up dropping down the leagues.

How great would it have been if they weren't allowed to CHEAT financially TWICE and had played us loads over previous seasons and were thus on the up like us. Instead they cheated their way to mediocrity - where-as we had years of plucky FAIR underdog and now will have out just rewards and fly high like a ............... seagull

You don't stop hating something just because it is turning to shite infront of your eyes.

They had the good grace to continue to loathe us through our bad days I think it only fair we should do the same. Football is cyclical in respect of good & bad seasons/decades (unless you are Man U) and it is amusing that many Palace consider the present to be their bad days for them. I think a spell in the lower leagues is forthcoming for them, which is only just as they disgracefully dodged it when they cheated their way to survival through administrations.

I for one will continue to "fry" Palace at every opportunity - which at present seems limitless.

:ffsparr::ffsparr::ffsparr::ffsparr::ffsparr::ffsparr::ffsparr: free the gamesmakers 7.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
You don't stop hating something just because it is turning to shite infront of your eyes.

They had the good grace to continue to loathe us through our bad days I think it only fair we should do the same. Football is cyclical in respect of good & bad seasons/decades (unless you are Man U) and it is amusing that many Palace consider the present to be their bad days for them. I think a spell in the lower leagues is forthcoming for them, which is only just as they disgracefully dodged it when they cheated their way to survival through administrations.

I for one will continue to "fry" Palace at every opportunity - which at present seems limitless.

:ffsparr::ffsparr::ffsparr::ffsparr::ffsparr::ffsparr::ffsparr: free the gamesmakers 7.

Without getting into a dick waving contest, i'd love to know why you think we are going to have a spell in the lower leagues? It just seems like wishful thinking on your part more than anything. We have a decent young manager, a team that will be mid table at worst this year, highly valued youngsters with real quailty like Zaha, Williams and Allasani who are all on long term deals, if they do get sold we will get large fees, we have a brilliant board for once that is running us sensibley and within a competitive budget, we have plans to redevelop the stadium, the acdaemy is one of the best in the England and the fan base should start to rise again shortly if the football and results continues in the same vein as it has done in the last month. I really think you should take off those BHAFC rose tinted specs Major old boy...

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
Without getting into a dick waving contest, i'd love to know why you think we are going to have a spell in the lower leagues? It just seems like wishful thinking on your part more than anything. We have a decent young manager, a team that will be mid table at worst this year, highly valued youngsters with real quailty like Zaha, Williams and Allasani who are all on long term deals, if they do get sold we will get large fees, we have a brilliant board for once that is running us sensibley and with a competitive budget, we have plans to redevelop the stadium, the acdaemy is one of the best in the England and the fan base should start to rise again shortly if the football and results continues in the same vein as it has done in the last month. I really think you should take off those BHAFC rose tinted specs Major old boy...

No mention of the fact that nobody seems to want to watch you play these days?

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
No mention of the fact that nobody seems to want to watch you play these days?

I stated that i believe the crowds will soon rise again if we play better passing football and that has happened last 2 games. Our gates are no worse than a lot of the teams in this division.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Without getting into a dick waving contest, i'd love to know why you think we are going to have a spell in the lower leagues? It just seems like wishful thinking on your part more than anything. We have a decent young manager, a team that will be mid table at worst this year, highly valued youngsters with real quailty like Zaha, Williams and Allasani who are all on long term deals, if they do get sold we will get large fees, we have a brilliant board for once that is running us sensibley and within a competitive budget, we have plans to redevelop the stadium, the acdaemy is one of the best in the England and the fan base should start to rise again shortly if the football and results continues in the same vein as it has done in the last month. I really think you should take off those BHAFC rose tinted specs Major old boy...

Jesus! Here we go again, can we just keep one of these Palace threads vaguely on track.

Yes we now have more fans, no we didn't before. You have loads of brilliant young players everyone wants. We have players with champs league experience. Our stadium is new and great, you are at Selhurt. 3-1, higher in league..... etc....

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Agree a embarrassing thread.

And so is this... (I really think you should take off those BHAFC rose tinted specs Major old boy).. lol its you and the palarse supporters who should take off there rose tinted glasses, your the ones who are being taken for the ride on the cheap and cant see it.

Two games ago palarse fans were calling for the managers head.
Players were not good enough.
3 good players don't make a team.
Plans to redevelop the stadium is not going to happen any time soon, a quick fix at best.
A brilliant board who slags off the fans and wont touch a penny of there multi-millions.
Fan base will rise? cant even fill it with buy one get on free.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
threads like this are guaranteed to come back and bite us on the bum

Dawn Korus

Oct 17, 2010
Christmas Island

Very much this, get off your high horses. They continued to hate us in our darkest days, they're our rivals, so we will continue to do so in theirs

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
Stupid thread

Absolutely, the last thing I want to have happen is for us to turn into arrogant w*****s. They could have given up on us ages ago, now just one season into being back, people come out with things like this. Of course it'll always be Palace!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here