big signing soon

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bert365

May 7, 2006
I'm sorry I can't give you anymore info been trying to get it out of him but he won't tell its very annoying for me too!
I'm not fishing or on a wind up just some info which I believe to be real. will have to wait and see

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Probably 2+2 = a million, but heard on Talksport that Peterborough have had three bids of close to £3m today for CMS, two from Premiership clubs and one from a Championship club.

I wonder....???

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Probably 2+2 = a million, but heard on Talksport that Peterborough have had three bids of close to £3m today, two from Premiership clubs and one from a Championship club.

I wonder....???

Why would we want to buy another football club? We have our own don't we...

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I totally agree.

In addition, it looks like Gus and his team, are targeting REALLY promising young players, and not a bunch of "safe" has-beens. If all goes to (what appears to be their) plan, we could not only be building a team to challenge for the playoffs, but possibly automatic promotion. The good thing about such young players, is that, even if we do not get promotion this year, they will develop, in Gus' style of play, to have a real chance in the following year or two. Additionally, there is a real possibility that, if we do get into the Premiership within this time frame, they will have developed into a squad, that with selected additions, could reasonably challenge to stay up, rather than bombing like most teams going up tend to do.

Good call, it's as mad as a bottle of crisps that this is where are aspirations are now but a damn fine call Pork Pie. Tony Bloom, Gus Poyet and the Amex - I reckon a number of Premier League teams' fans are jealous of us right now....

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
The big signing will be Keane to prove his worth.

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
its interesting to see peoples viewa about buying a player for £3 million , its peanuts if you consider the amount clubs now pay for top international players , and very run of the mill for very good standard players , im not saying Bert knows more than anybody else ,but at some point unless a club gets mega lucky and hits the bigtime on a tight budget , there comes a time when this sort of money for players must be spent to progress and stay in the prem , i would'nt of thought Mr Bloom would chuck £100 million pounds at Brighton just to see the club stagnate and remain a also ran in the footballing scheme of things , so would'nt suprise me in the least if in the not to distant future we are linked with players that command a high transfer fee . So to sum up , Bert could be right , but is a bit of a naughty boy for casting a unbaited line into a pool full of sharks :)

its interesting to see peoples viewa about buying a player for £3 million , its peanuts if you consider the amount clubs now pay for top international players , and very run of the mill for very good standard players

Is that true in this league though? As mentioned earlier in the thread, I remain unconvinced that there are many players out there that could command a £3m transfer fee that would want to sign for us (certainly within our wage budget). Last summer players like Paddy Kenny (£750k) and Tommy Smith (£1.5m) went for well under that. In fact, I can't find a single transfer (obviously we'll never know the undisclosed fees, but I can't off the top of my head think of one that would be bigger) greater than the £2m Middlesborough paid Rangers for Kevin Thomson.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Is that true in this league though? As mentioned earlier in the thread, I remain unconvinced that there are many players out there that could command a £3m transfer fee that would want to sign for us (certainly within our wage budget). Last summer players like Paddy Kenny (£750k) and Tommy Smith (£1.5m) went for well under that. In fact, I can't find a single transfer (obviously we'll never know the undisclosed fees, but I can't off the top of my head think of one that would be bigger) greater than the £2m Middlesborough paid Rangers for Kevin Thomson.

Good point, I suppose because once the fee rises much above £2m, the wages tend to be very high, pricing them out of our reach

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sorry, busy feeding my son at the time! now edited! I very much doubt it also, but it's fun to speculate!

lol - good multi tasking... I knew you meant CMS anyways I was just being pedantic :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports