Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

big signing soon

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I've thought for a while that many on here are underestimating the wealth of Tony Bloom. I would not be at all surprised to see a large fee paid for a striker this summer.

The fact they've talked about low budgets means nothing. Bloom and Poyet are very very clever, they know what they're doing.

This!

Gus is playing the poor man role. Tony/Gus know what it takes to challenge seriously at the top end of the table and it's not the likes of £100,000 players. Quality is what is needed and quality costs. I would even go as far as to say the board are looking at next seasons ticket holder renewals and an exciting, decent squad is where its at.

1901 money is guaranteed for the next five years minimum, the stadium will operate every day of the year generating income.

Hold on it's going to be an exciting ride!

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Dear Mr Burt, please would you tell us more.

Saying we are signing someone for 3M then no further info is the most frustrating yet exciting post ive ever read.

larus

I've thought for a while that many on here are underestimating the wealth of Tony Bloom. I would not be at all surprised to see a large fee paid for a striker this summer.

The fact they've talked about low budgets means nothing. Bloom and Poyet are very very clever, they know what they're doing.

Totally agree.

Tony is ambitious and is aiming at the premiership. We aren't going to get there with Champioship level journeymen. We've (sorry, he's) already splashed out on Buckley and Hoskins (how many would have put us down for a the 2 confirmed signings of £500k and £1m, plus the rumoured bid of £1.2m for KLL), so why not a big spending.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Totally agree.

Tony is ambitious and is aiming at the premiership. We aren't going to get there with Champioship level journeymen. We've (sorry, he's) already splashed out on Buckley and Hoskins (how many would have put us down for a the 2 confirmed signings of £500k and £1m, plus the rumoured bid of £1.2m for KLL), so why not a big spending.

Agreed, Tony came out and said he wanted to challenge top 6. He's a very clever man and knows to achieve that he needs to spend big on players and wages. He must have some warchest to make those claims knowing he would look silly to say this without backing it up

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I'll be honest, I do get a bit pissed off when someone posts on here saying "I've got a secret, but I'm not telling you!"

Bit like being back at school!

Just put up or shut up, you know we're all a bit twitchy at this time of the year!!!!

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Rubbish, there are no tournaments where you would win anything close to £3m.

Poker is just a hobby/game Tony enjoys at this point

There are two a year where you can. One is around that figure, and the other is double that figure.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'll be honest, I do get a bit pissed off when someone posts on here saying "I've got a secret, but I'm not telling you!"

Bit like being back at school!

Just put up or shut up, you know we're all a bit twitchy at this time of the year!!!!

This. Completely and utterly, THIS.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wernt we supposed to be after Robbie Keane on loan in January. What would he cost from Spurs but then again Martin Jol likes him and he has just taken over at Fulham so perhaps not.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Could this possibly be The Lua Lua deal including the wages that you are talking about? (for example: £1.2m transfer; signing a 4 year contract in the region of £8k a week)
I know we are looking at a couple of strikers but I don't see them being in the £3m region.
A couple of the players we are rumoured to be looking at from the premiership would demand that sort of transfer fee but they are more likely to end up here on loan (If we are lucky enough), not purchased.
I do believe we have a good summer to be looking forward to ahead of a hard but rewarding season.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
TB is, in my eyes, a very shrewd guy. He has given Gus 18 months to prove his worth on a low budget where he has had to wheel and deal a bit, get the best out of last season's squad and see how he gets on. Gus has repaid with promotion and a capacity new stadium. Although this is silly NSC season and we are all getting a little carried away on the Gus Bus, it also has a tinge of possibility that we may well break into the 3 million mark. Why? Because TB has the money, don't forget that part of his property portfolio now includes the Amex, his manager is successful and he can now trust him to delver the goods. TB looks at the situation and the bank balance and thinks "we have to invest to carry on the success".

So personally I won't completely write off this latest rumour because it may just have a bit of truth in it.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
So just for arguments sake, let's have a think about the potential player that could come to us for that kind of money.

based upon rumours:

Lansbury?
Garcia?

You would expect the player to be a striker or creative player, so what strikers have that kind of value AND would consider playing in the Championship?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here