Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Big Dan Burn

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Agree, Webster or say Burn if he was still here would have meant we could have gone with a 3, got Cucu and Lamps further up the pitch with some width and got bodies in midfield. Veltman does a great job as a 3rd CB or as a makeshift CB next to someone playing well, but to have him next to Duffy who has been out for however how long - you could see they’ve never played together as 2 CBs, that meant the full backs were forced back, we lacked width etc. etc. We’ve paid dearly for that Dunk red.

Yes feels like 2 loses due to that incorrect red card now

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Agree, Webster or say Burn if he was still here would have meant we could have gone with a 3, got Cucu and Lamps further up the pitch with some width and got bodies in midfield. Veltman does a great job as a 3rd CB or as a makeshift CB next to someone playing well, but to have him next to Duffy who has been out for however how long - you could see they’ve never played together as 2 CBs, that meant the full backs were forced back, we lacked width etc. etc. We’ve paid dearly for that Dunk red.

We played with Duffy, Veltman and Burn as a back 3 against Southampton, and it really wasn’t great. May have only conceded one goal that day, but they had just as many chances.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Gotta love this photo of BDB in his Smart car, bless 'im 🙂

2_Screenshot-2023-01-01-at-155030-copy.jpg

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think he's an extraordinary player. The way he totally confounded expectations and made himself a key player in the team without ever being meant to be is an example to players everywhere. Train properly, do the right things around the club (admittedly, this is all anecdotal but I've not even come across a rumour of Burn being anything other than a solid bloke an excellent character) and perform on the pitch - that's it.

He found himself to be a key player for us just simply through not letting the team down and being prepared and able to step into the position he was asked to. Left back? Sure. Left wing-back? I'll have a good go. Centre-back today, Dan. No problem. You're starting as a CB in a 2 today Dan, but you might find yourself left of a 3 and/or LB or LWB later in the game. Sounds good.

He was so reliable that it was easy to take him for granted and I'll be honest, I'm definitely in that camp. We got a great fee for him considering his contract status and the opportunity that was available to the player himself, we don't need to re-litigate the decision to sell him. He was an excellent player for us despite many (myself very much included) questioning the point of having signed him in the first place! I never thought he'd play for us, I thought he was being signed because his value was higher than his current sale price. I thought we'd sign him and then sell him at a profit a year later without ever actually playing him. But as it goes, he was one of the first insights into the "new" squad building that we've now become used to.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Very sad when we sold DB - said at the time to another Brighton fan, we‘ve sold one of our best Defenders and Newcastle got him for a steal imo.

Glad he got to go back ‘home’ and he’s clearly found a great form at the Park but it screwed up our back line imo for several weeks - we also hit a barren patch after he left too.

Hope the extra cash has been used to upgrade the bathroom facilities at St James’ 🙂
A10FCD27-2AEB-41D4-A0B4-1DBF102034E9.jpeg

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He's a top bloke, no doubting that, but he's no better than what we have at the club and several levels below Lewis Dunk.
IMO he'd be fecking perfect right now when the team is arguably one LB and one CB short but would struggle to find game time for more than one new signing. Agree that he isn't better than Dunk but think he is a class above Colwill (right now).

Vin

Jun 12, 2021
I think he's an extraordinary player. The way he totally confounded expectations and made himself a key player in the team without ever being meant to be is an example to players everywhere. Train properly, do the right things around the club (admittedly, this is all anecdotal but I've not even come across a rumour of Burn being anything other than a solid bloke an excellent character) and perform on the pitch - that's it.

He found himself to be a key player for us just simply through not letting the team down and being prepared and able to step into the position he was asked to. Left back? Sure. Left wing-back? I'll have a good go. Centre-back today, Dan. No problem. You're starting as a CB in a 2 today Dan, but you might find yourself left of a 3 and/or LB or LWB later in the game. Sounds good.

He was so reliable that it was easy to take him for granted and I'll be honest, I'm definitely in that camp. We got a great fee for him considering his contract status and the opportunity that was available to the player himself, we don't need to re-litigate the decision to sell him. He was an excellent player for us despite many (myself very much included) questioning the point of having signed him in the first place! I never thought he'd play for us, I thought he was being signed because his value was higher than his current sale price. I thought we'd sign him and then sell him at a profit a year later without ever actually playing him. But as it goes, he was one of the first insights into the "new" squad building that we've now become used to.
Do you think Tone has a £10m bonus in there if Toon qualified for the CL. That would be genius.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here