Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA featured game on The League show

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Did anyone else notice Manish's HILARIOUSLY fake laugh after discussing Bridge's goal?

Leroy - "Maybe he'll score another one in 7 years!"
Manish - "HAHAHAHAHANow Huddersfield haven't scored a goal in.."

He went from creased over in 'laughter' to deadpan presenter in milliseconds.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Did anyone else notice Manish's HILARIOUSLY fake laugh after discussing Bridge's goal?

Leroy - "Maybe he'll score another one in 7 years!"
Manish - "HAHAHAHAHANow Huddersfield haven't scored a goal in.."

He went from creased over in 'laughter' to deadpan presenter in milliseconds.

Discussing? That is rather complimentary! I would say mention it in passing! :lolol:

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Discussing? That is rather complimentary! I would say mention it in passing! :lolol:

You're spot on. I was actually angry at how late we were put on, and how short our time was, but the mere mention between the two football GODs felt good.

Seriously though. When they put it on iPlayer, watch it, you could quite possibly laugh.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Bit like the way the MOTD analysts always indulge Gary Lineker with his crap, scripted puns.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bloody HELL, haven't seen Adebayo Akinfenwa in years but it appears he's got even fatter. Must be the biggest professional player in the world??

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
You're spot on. I was actually angry at how late we were put on, and how short our time was, but the mere mention between the two football GODs felt good.

Seriously though. When they put it on iPlayer, watch it, you could quite possibly laugh.

I couldn't believed we were last as well. I didn't expect a feature because it isn't the most appealing of ties, but the fact they keep saying how difficult this league is, I can't imagine there will be too many 1 sided performances as ours. Surely 5 goals is fairly rare, and far more enjoyable than an average victory for Huddersfield. But I suppose they do have the almighty Rhodes....

Did they even show all the League 1 matches??

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I thought they did it roughly in league order?

Yeah it does. Featured games, then top down, then bottom up. So towards the end of the season, the dull mid table nothing matches are last.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Did they even show all the League 1 matches??

To be honest, if we had been show by now (1.15am) during our league one days, I'd have been happy. I think they just spent way too much time on the first...ten...or so Championship fixtures that, to me, all seemed to have 'featured match' quality highlights. The rest seem to have been rushed through.

Last edited:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
the programme will be biased to the teams in the north/northwest/midlands as they are closer to the Manchester studio. the physical recording media is couriered and they have more time to work with it.

I'm not sure that's correct - I know the producer, Chris, and he's a Millwall supporter living in Dulwich.
Last week, i was with him at his home around 3-4pm on Saturday, and he was on the verge of leaving to 'go to work on the show'
I'll see him again in couple of weeks and will put the BIG questions to him on running order etc
:)

Dec 29, 2011
So, the Udinese owners can just buy Watford, sign Zola, fund signings, and arrange loans between the two clubs. How the f*** is this allowed?
Hate shit like that.

I didn't even know this but I did a bit of research and it appears you're correct. I thought you weren't allowed to own two clubs under FIFA rules? They have FIVE Udinese players on loan. What a f***ing joke. Oh and it appears they own Granada too, they have two players on loan from there.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Rules on loans i believe are -

Maximum of 4 LONG-TERM (IE season long) loans for under 23 year old players, same for over 23 year olds.

Maximum of 3 month periods for any other players i believe, no restrictions on how many players you can have from a certain club. Think you can only have 4 or 5 loanees in your starting 16 too.

Dec 29, 2011
Rules on loans i believe are -

Maximum of 4 LONG-TERM (IE season long) loans for under 23 year old players, same for over 23 year olds.

Maximum of 3 month periods for any other players i believe, no restrictions on how many players you can have from a certain club. Think you can only have 4 or 5 loanees in your starting 16 too.

Ok. As for my question about one person owning more than one club; it appears you can own more than one club, but they must not play in any of the same competitions. Should Udinese and Granada/Watford qualify for the Europa League, it wouldn't be allowed and one would have to drop out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here