Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA featured game on The League show

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's logic. They're always going to put first the sides who will get most viewers/are the biggest clubs. Just like how they choose TV games. Entirely logical.

Blackburn Rovers fit neither of those criteria...and besides, the FL Show isn't supposed to be like SkySports, where they choose entire live games & have to keep the advertisers happy.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
That Thomas Ince bloke looks a player. A bit like Zaha, but with some end product. Bet he's inconsistent though.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
bigger??
105,085 (2001)
Blackburn, Population
155,919 (2001)

Brighton, Population

Brighton and Hove ~ 251,000

The Brighton/Worthing/Littlehampton conurbation has a population of 461,181 (2001 census), making it the 12th largest conurbation in the United Kingdom

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can't believe they're showing extended highlights of a game that was live on SkySports on Friday night.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the programme will be biased to the teams in the north/northwest/midlands as they are closer to the Manchester studio. the physical recording media is couriered and they have more time to work with it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Blackburn Rovers fit neither of those criteria...and besides, the FL Show isn't supposed to be like SkySports, where they choose entire live games & have to keep the advertisers happy.

Blackburn have been Premier League for a number of years - on recent history they are comfortably one of the biggest sides in the division.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That Thomas Ince bloke looks a player. A bit like Zaha, but with some end product. Bet he's inconsistent though.

Was thinking while watching it; "he is MILES better than Zaha".

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
the programme will be biased to the teams in the north/northwest/midlands as they are closer to the Manchester studio. the physical recording media is couriered and they have more time to work with it.

So much for the digital age then

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
The programme description for Football League Show tonight ACTUALLY read something along the lines of: Manish Basin catches up with how the ex Premier league clubs are getting on, including Blackburn v ...., etc." f***ing ridiculous. Why is BBC, with this and their website redesign, playing into the Sky TV "only the Premiershite matters" bollocks?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

I thought they did it roughly in league order?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Conflicted. No love for charlton. rather like Chris Powell.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
So, the Udinese owners can just buy Watford, sign Zola, fund signings, and arrange loans between the two clubs. How the f*** is this allowed?
Hate shit like that.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Incidentally, i don't think this league is going to be as good as we all feared this season. Every team bar Blackpool has looked ordinary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here