Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Best VAR game

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
I guess he means the second goal that was given. The two that were disallowed were clearly offside - but don't think the headed goal was?
Oh it just looked tight. VAR looked at it but I haven't seen it, which is odd. Even when ours were drawn on the wrong person we saw them.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No payback all were correct decisions, unlike last season
No payback whatsoever - we’ll never ever get payback for that game - or the scum away game.. wasn’t that tonight’s hapless referee involved too..?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Don't think he was looking to see if it was a foul/penalty - but to make sure there was nothing in the build-up to stop him awarding the penalty.
Pretty sure he was only looking at the shirt pull, which he looked at several times. Particularly baring in mind this was a good while after the actual incident during which VAR would have forensically nit picked everything else.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Pretty sure he was only looking at the shirt pull, which he looked at several times.
I am amazed at how long it took for VAR to get the ref to look at that! You can understand a referee missing things in real time but how on earth did it take VAR that long to tell him!?

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
2 goals chalked off

2 penalties awarded

Against Spuds

Payback

Not hearing anything bad about VAR ever again. (Until Palarse at home anyway)......
All VAR did was award the blindingly obvious Welbeck penalty.

The two goals were correctly called offside by the on field officials.

And the second correctly awarded penalty was given by on field officials.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I am amazed at how long it took for VAR to get the ref to look at that! You can understand a referee missing things in real time but how on earth did it take VAR that long to tell him!?
Typically they wait for the ball to go out of play, or the game to otherwise naturally stop. They don't want to stop the play for a VAR review that may not result in anything.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Typically they wait for the ball to go out of play, or the game to otherwise naturally stop. They don't want to stop the play for a VAR review that may not result in anything.
But they did stop play for this one? So that clearly doesn't matter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here