Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Best thing you have bought this year?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A couple of SM9 Vokey Wedges

Oddly enough, I put out a request the other week to see if anyone had a couple of people who could do some work for me that involved making a lot of left wing social media posts, promoting Trans Rights and recommending meat free diets.

I ended up with a couple of Wokey Veggies.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Best thing I've bought this year? Presumably we're taking the pie at the Amex yesterday for granted...so...a pair of vintage Persol sunglasses off eBay. I remember many years ago when I switched from Raybans to Oakleys and the clarity of vision was another level. The Persol's feel like another step up from that. And they've got that vintage thing that means if I grow my beard a bit too I can begin to develop a proper hipster Brighton fan look ready for the (possible) away trip to Burnley next year.

I sold my persols on fleabay . . . . got Curry & Paxton instead :cool:

that was last year, best thing this year has been this little beast

https://orangeamps.com/products/bass-guitar-speaker-enclosures/obc-series/obc112/

It does exactly what it needs to do and means I don't have to do my back in lugging a 30kg wardobe about

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
A kamado oven from Aldi to replace our bbq. An expensive initial outlay, but being heavy ceramic I'm hopeful it won't turn into a useless old rust-bucket within a couple of years. They're also very economical to use, and they cook so, SO well.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
A relatively decent turntable and speakers, compared to what I’d had for the last few years…

Same. Well, got bought the turntable for Christmas, which meant obviously I HAD to go upgrade my speakers also.

Very, very enjoyable.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
One of the most satisfying things a half decent hi-fi and some good records.

The tricky thing atm is finding the time to enjoy them, with 2 youngsters about.

I have a big issue right now - which is very geeky - which is figuring out how to order my vinyl. Alphabetically, sure, but then there's soundtracks. EPs. Box sets. All sorts of odds and ends, and it does my head in that I can't find a way to satisfactorily sort/file it all.

(Fully aware this is a quintessentially first world problem...)

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
The tricky thing atm is finding the time to enjoy them, with 2 youngsters about.

I have a big issue right now - which is very geeky - which is figuring out how to order my vinyl. Alphabetically, sure, but then there's soundtracks. EPs. Box sets. All sorts of odds and ends, and it does my head in that I can't find a way to satisfactorily sort/file it all.

You could go the High Fidelity route and organise them auto-biographically.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

My lads 16 and I still struggle to find the time

I've given up with any logical storage pattern . . . although I know where most things are in a stash of around 8-900 LP's

singles are boxed in categories, well, half are!

its a bit like herding cats

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You could go the High Fidelity route and organise them auto-biographically.

Love the idea but there are plenty of albums in the collection where I'd struggle say exactly where and when I got them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here