Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best result for friday

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
It wouldn't.
No.

Some idiots said the same before the boro match, that it was good we needed to win, not draw.

Middlesbrough didn't need to win, they needed to draw. How did that work out?

:rolleyes:

Huge difference , We had to beat Boro away......We have Sheffield over two legs and haven`t won till end of Home leg.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Am I the only one who thinks the original question is stupid???
A win is the obvious answer
If we can not win then a draw
If we lose then by as small a margin as possible.

No, I'm with you on this too.

Clearly, our next match will be a game of FOUR halves and so as long as we score more than Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: do by the end of the 4 halves, the position at the halfway point [as per the OP's question] is frankly, irrelevant ....

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Does anyone else think that losing at Wednesday, say 3-0 would be the best result? That way we would start the game at the Amex knowing exactly what we would need to do, I.E. score 4 goals. The players would be up for it and there would be no complacency, just tons of goals.

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
Does anyone else think that losing at Wednesday, say 3-0 would be the best result? That way we would start the game at the Amex knowing exactly what we would need to do, I.E. score 4 goals. The players would be up for it and there would be no complacency, just tons of goals.

until we draw 0-0 at home and lose 3-0 over 2 legs.

I hope you are joking

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would be over the moon to quote a football cliche to come away with a 2-0 win. or was it against Millwall (1991) when we scored 4 in the first leg, granted that was at The Goldstone, so made the 2nd leg a formality.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Somebody please tell me this one isn't being serious. ???

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
A win. Any win. Psychologically, it is what we need after Saturday. I'm confident that if we win at Hillsborough, we will win the tie.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I would be over the moon to quote a football cliche to come away with a 2-0 win. or was it against Millwall (1991) when we scored 4 in the first leg, granted that was at The Goldstone, so made the 2nd leg a formality.

And won 2-1 at Cold Blow Lane, BG

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Huge difference , We had to beat Boro away......
It's exactly the ****ing same! If we beat them away (you asked what the best result would be, short of thrashing them, so the best result is to beat them) they will then have to beat Brighton away, while Brighton will have to draw.

So we'd then be in the same position boro were in, and Sheffield would be in the same position Brighton were in.

:facepalm:

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
It's exactly the ****ing same! If we beat them away (you asked what the best result would be, short of thrashing them, so the best result is to beat them) they will then have to beat Brighton away, while Brighton will have to draw.

So we'd then be in the same position boro were in, and Sheffield would be in the same position Brighton were in.

:facepalm:

I`m just worried that a 2 or even 1 nil win would lead to us believing and playing as if job done. Would playing for a draw suit our game??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here