Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best current mortgage deals?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
This article from an observer is just a sample. It applies to IFA's and mortgage brokers.
"Consider the post RDR independent sector standing at just 10,000 advisers, the predicted number remaining. Canary Wharf has 3000 staff, and growing!

That means for every 3.33 IFA’s there will be 1 regulator to support. Can we afford this level of regulation churning out yet more regulations to occupy every waking moment of the beleaguered IFA! "

was that written by an ex-IFA? because it seems to ignore that the FSA regulates an awfull lot more than IFAs. seems to be a little victim mentality setting in. (not that there should be over baring regulation, any where)

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I can't be arsed to go through my CV with you but I work for on of the top 5 financial services providers in the UK, these days in compliance. Previously I have worked in sales and operations including mortgages, pensions, investments and insurance. I have completed the qualifications to allow me to sell mortgages, pensions and life and investment products. So I think it's fair to say that I do have a clue about the industry and the way the market and regulation works.

Out of interest like, do people selling mortgages, pensions, investments and insurance in the top 5 financial service providers get commission and bonuses?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
was that written by an ex-IFA? because it seems to ignore that the FSA regulates an awfull lot more than IFAs. seems to be a little victim mentality setting in. (not that there should be over baring regulation, any where)

:thumbsup:

Of course it was. Blimey, firstly, as you say, the FSA do cover considerably more than IFAs (although goes without saying they are not to be confused with the unfortunately named Food Standards Agency!). I am no expert but I presume that these 3000 odd (I use the term loosely) IFAs are the one man brigade aka US. So, the FSA regulate the insurance sector and presumably all the actual mortgage lenders whose products the IFAs are selling.

Victim mentality = nail on head

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So, the FSA regulate the insurance sector and presumably all the actual mortgage lenders whose products the IFAs are selling.

not to mention the share brokerage and dealers - some companies probably have more of them than the whole IFA subsector.

Out of interest like, do people selling mortgages, pensions, investments and insurance in the top 5 financial service providers get commission and bonuses?

I can't speak for them all as it would depend on the remuneration package at each firm. Here there is a bonus scheme in place but it depends upon performance both of the individual and the firm. The bonus is also not dependant on volume of sales as that can lead to pressure or mis-selling, but instead on the quality of the sale. Whether it was compliant, that sort of thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here