Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best current mortgage deals?

What was you income last year, what is it going to be this year ?. Sorry if I come across as bitter but I AM f***ing BITTER. Good night to you.

Well, and this is only an idea, but instead of spending all day on here whinging, talking about GOING LARGE, women you can only dream of and the amount of booze you drink how about maybe working? I mean, you have a customer base right? You are proactively chasing leads, looking for referrals, researching the best deals etc? I mean, you have a diary so that you know when all the fixed rate deals you wrote in 2007/8 are going to run out don't you? Or are you pissing about on here, basking in the reflective glory of the REMF?

Actually, f*** that. I KNOW your game is hard right now, but that isn't my point. My point is simply that you're apportioning blame left right and centre but at no point offering a solution. You think the FSA want to make it hard for people to get a mortgage? BOLLOCKS. What they want, as their objectives have always been, is responsible broking, borrowing and lending. That means brokers not inflating salary details for customers to get them that extra £50k. It means customers not self certifying at twice their salary to get the bigger house they can't afford. It means lenders not turning a blind eye to whether or not the customer can actually AFFORD the loan in the first place. Yes it means the criteria is tighter, but that's not a bad thing. If you can't see that then there's something very wrong.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
We all know if the FSA is disbanded they will all transfer to the new Bank of England regulatory authority in the jobs for the boys situation and carry on regardless anyway.

Exactly, they will do the same job just under a different banner. What a lot of people don't realize is that the FSA also regulate the insurance industry sot that would need to be done by some body somewhere.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well, and this is only an idea, but instead of spending all day on here whinging, talking about GOING LARGE, women you can only dream of and the amount of booze you drink how about maybe working? I mean, you have a customer base right? You are proactively chasing leads, looking for referrals, researching the best deals etc? I mean, you have a diary so that you know when all the fixed rate deals you wrote in 2007/8 are going to run out don't you? Or are you pissing about on here, basking in the reflective glory of the REMF?

Actually, f*** that. I KNOW your game is hard right now, but that isn't my point. My point is simply that you're apportioning blame left right and centre but at no point offering a solution. You think the FSA want to make it hard for people to get a mortgage? BOLLOCKS. What they want, as their objectives have always been, is responsible broking, borrowing and lending. That means brokers not inflating salary details for customers to get them that extra £50k. It means customers not self certifying at twice their salary to get the bigger house they can't afford. It means lenders not turning a blind eye to whether or not the customer can actually AFFORD the loan in the first place. Yes it means the criteria is tighter, but that's not a bad thing. If you can't see that then there's something very wrong.

Thats totally out of order. Anway you haven't got the first clue. No actually i do nothing proactive to get business I just lie in my bed all day so thanks about the tips on what to do, do you know what, I had never thought about making a date and contacting clients from 2 years ago so i may start doing that, I may even speak to some clients I have done business with in the past and what I do and what I post on NSC has nothing to do with you. Anyway what do you doing for a living , remind me ?.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Sorry for the divert. I did not start this thread but have given my advice and opinion and helped 2 people on here with no gain , so lets get back to track.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Go back and read the thread and you will see I have put forward lots of suggestions and what you have put is old hat as , as I said the market has over corrected itself now anyway and there are no self cert mortgages left, still what do I know you obviously have a much better grasp pn the mortgage marketplace.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Lokki , nice one.

Its s shame its become a binfest AGAIN but I posted nothing abusive to any other poster so why the f*ck should I have to put up with it from KSA. Personal abuse.

Anyway his ignorance on this subject is laughable and I could show him up but won't.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My point is simply that you're apportioning blame left right and centre but at no point offering a solution. You think the FSA want to make it hard for people to get a mortgage? BOLLOCKS. What they want, as their objectives have always been, is responsible broking, borrowing and lending.

Go back and read the thread and you will see I have put forward lots of suggestions and what you have put is old hat as , as I said the market has over corrected itself now anyway and there are no self cert mortgages left
Gareth, I have just re-read the thread and as far as I can see, you have put forward ONE suggestion:

We need a sensible risk based approach to lending and not a totally over the top after the horse has bolted panic scenario from the FSA who are trying now to make lending completely risk free which has and never will work.

As ideas go, this doesn't sound very specific to me. It's the equivalent of asking Capello how England are going to win the World Cup and him replying "by winning every game". FWIW, I agree with you that 90/95% mortgages are the lifeblood of the market, BUT just forcing them to be made available is not the way to solve the problem. Ultimately the problem is with the value of the properties those mortgages are supposed to buy, not the mortgages that are available.

As for KSA's other criticism of you, I reckon he's only saying what a lot of us are thinking. You spend far too much time on here MOANING about your life IMO.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yes but why should I have to put up with this ?.

" Well, and this is only an idea, but instead of spending all day on here whinging, talking about GOING LARGE, women you can only dream of and the amount of booze you drink how about maybe working? "

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Or this

Or are you pissing about on here, basking in the reflective glory of the REMF?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Gareth, I have just re-read the thread and as far as I can see, you have put forward ONE suggestion:

As ideas go, this doesn't sound very specific to me. It's the equivalent of asking Capello how England are going to win the World Cup and him replying "by winning every game". FWIW, I agree with you that 90/95% mortgages are the lifeblood of the market, BUT just forcing them to be made available is not the way to solve the problem. Ultimately the problem is with the value of the properties those mortgages are supposed to buy, not the mortgages that are available.

As for KSA's other criticism of you, I reckon he's only saying what a lot of us are thinking. You spend far too much time on here MOANING about your life IMO.

Quite possibly Simster and I know no one gives a shit anyway.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Quite possibly Simster and I know no one gives a shit anyway.
Well you do, which is why you feel the need to quote the same KSA post three times in succession.

I can't be arsed to explain why you should have to "put up" with those other comments, because I'm not going to marked down as a bully - especially as this has nothing to with me - but as far as I'm concerned, you are reaping what you sow to a certain extent.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This article from an observer is just a sample. It applies to IFA's and mortgage brokers.

"Let them eat cake"

Production without sales (profit) equals scrap! The only groups that fail to understand this are those removed from the reality of profit and the need to make a return on outlay i.e. government departments, local authorities and regulators!

"Let them eat cake" was supposedly said by a French princess upon learning that the peasants had no bread. RDR is what the regulators say in the face of the worst market conditions in 30 years! Well let’s hope the same fate befalls the regulator as did Marie Antoinette - the guillotine!

So how will the industry cope with the FSA RDR requirements in 2012? The simple answer is they won’t and they can’t and it is because of this that the Conservatives will bin most of the RDR requirement because they will have no option. This is not a hope it is a fact of life! The only ones that don’t know it are the discredited regulators in their Ivory Canary Wharf Tower and perhaps Mark Hoban MP who is yet to wake up and smell the coffee.

Cancer and regulation (as defined by the FSA) are the only growths that are exponential but also terminal & it is the death of independent advice we are taking about!

Consider the post RDR independent sector standing at just 10,000 advisers, the predicted number remaining. Canary Wharf has 3000 staff, and growing!

That means for every 3.33 IFA’s there will be 1 regulator to support. Can we afford this level of regulation churning out yet more regulations to occupy every waking moment of the beleaguered IFA! Quite simply this is a ludicrous situation that could only be allowed to happen by an institution removed from reality and that is out of control! An even more ludicrous situation when the same FSA has failed every “real” regulatory test put before it.

I for one will be in the grandstand as the heavy blade descends having willingly sharpened the blade beforehand. Make no mistake if we are not rid of this regulator then even those who survive past 2012 will surely buckle under the weight of the regulatory parasites that we are obliged to support and compensate for their failures!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well you do, which is why you feel the need to quote the same KSA post three times in succession.

I can't be arsed to explain why you should have to "put up" with those other comments, because I'm not going to marked down as a bully - especially as this has nothing to with me - but as far as I'm concerned, you are reaping what you sow to a certain extent.

:thumbsup:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Or this

Or are you pissing about on here, basking in the reflective glory of the REMF?

This, I agree, is well over the top and surpasses the normal exaggerated banter that goes on here. In fact its bloody insulting.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here