Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Best Christmas present you received as a child?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Millenium Falcon. only present i outright remember, Christmas sort of blur together, except that one.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Subbuteo 1986 World Cup Edition. Came with a scoreboard and cutout team names to slot in. Another year, a Commodore 64 with Head Over Heels and Track & Field. However, one present I remember really fondly was an old 14" black & white telly that had a dial to change channels that my parents no longer needed. Watching Why Don't You? and Junior Kick Start while still in bed was a revelation.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
1971 Green Tommy Gun thing with all the rocket launcher and bazooka extras bloody lovely, one of the Ken***s tried to Nick it so I gave him both barrels and a few rounds to the chops.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Scalextric, when I was about 8 or 9 in the early 1960s. I've still got it in the loft, though it hasn't been touched for years. Probably need to dump it.

Sell it. Worth thousands. Fact.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I did get THIS one Xmas... beautiful. (the kit, not the table)

CRAZY-RARE-Brighton-Hove-Albion-Football-Club.jpg

Were you a FKW? ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
61.jpg

Ah, pure joy. I was 3. First book I can remember being read to me (couplets included). A few years later, they were the books (I got one each Christmas) that got me reading. Sadly in recent years they have changed the format. I guess I have more than 70 of them now (including some from the 30s and 40 I bought for a few quid in Brighton in the late 70s). Christmas WAS the Rupert annual for me. :love:

Attachments

• shopping.jpg
    shopping.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 105

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
View attachment 117737

Ah, pure joy. I was 3. First book I can remember being read to me (couplets included). A few years later, they were the books (I got one each Christmas) that got me reading. Sadly in recent years they have changed the format. I guess I have more than 70 of them now (including some from the 30s and 40 I bought for a few quid in Brighton in the late 70s). Christmas WAS the Rupert annual for me. :love:

Rupert was/is a fecking scary weirdo ! I remember thinking that as a kid too :smile:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Spectrum 128k with BUILT In tapedeck.

Commodore Amiga as well. The amount of time I spent playing Sensible Soccer was obscene.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Not as classic as Scalextric or Subbuteo, but my first console though! Forever grateful
ba2208a6e89f2da2cb58a550ca5ffdc2.jpg

"We want our celery, we want our celery" - Withdean J Block

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Super Striker - the one with the diving goalkeeper. The pure mechanics of the game were better than subbuteo but two key flaws. Whenever you tried to kick with any power you would at some point snap the player at his ankle and spare players were hard to source. Additionally, when stored away the cardboard and felt like pitch would invariably curve at the edges.

Biggest let down present was Flight Deck. Advert looked great but the reality was rubbish.

D

Deleted member 2719

Off road with one of these.

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2019-12-02-20-14-58.jpg
    SmartSelectImage_2019-12-02-20-14-58.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 98

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Action Man.PNG

Upstairs window of house was not usually high enough for his parachute to open properly resulting in multiple action man injuries. If only I had lived in the 14th floor of a tower block.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here