Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Best Christmas present you received as a child?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
:lolol:To be fair he is a very decent bloke ,never forgotten his roots. He has paid for a new Cricket pavillion to be built in the village ,to give something back to where he grew up . Plus he will fund it for 5 years .

What .... a free bar:D

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
My mom had saved a lot of cash so we could go to Legoland and announced it on christmas, was a pretty joyful evening. Unfortunately my cat got sick and when asked the question "should we go or should we pay Molly's liver surgery?" it was a pretty easy choice. No Legoland for me but I guess I got to have my cat for another ten years because of that christmas.

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
It had to be a chemistry set. I filled the house with smells and smoke for months afterwards. Naturally, I needed stronger chemicals and made illicit trips from Seaford to Eastbourne to get weapons-grade acids from dubious chemists and re-labelled them when returning home. No protective glasses, no smoke alarms, no fussing but loads of fun.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've got that very annual in the loft somewhere. I also got 1 each Xmas.

I wonder if we might share a longstanding similarity of interest in artforms. ??? :wink:

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Living in Germany and got one of these.
I was over the moon with my super duper Raleigh Scorpio.

80C23D28-A838-412A-8FA4-2DF9608FD232.jpeg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
1978 Escalado??? Metal horses you wound a handle and the vibration moved them up the track, loved that game .

We have a set from the 1930s (or 20s). Lead horses.

Actually that may explain a lot about my family :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For me it's a small orange transistor radio that still has pride of place.

Many nights of listening under the covers to Peter Jones and co on European nights. Early mornings to Test matches in foreign lands.

I think I was given it circa 1977.

Back in the days when having a tranny under your covers had no exotic connotation :lolol:

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
My worst Christmas has to be 1979, when, because of a spelling mistake on my letter to Santa, I had to spend an awkward few days with an Acton man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here