Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Best Christmas present you received as a child?

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
evil.jpg

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
When a friend told me God, Jesus and Father Christmas weren't real and that no matter how I behaved as a child it wouldn't matter as to where I ended up when I died.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I genuinely can't remember any Christmas presents, I received as a child, let alone a best one.

Probably goes someway to explaining the person I am today!

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Computer battleships and a football game that had a button at the back of the players to kick the ball. Can't remember what it was called though

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I did get THIS one Xmas... beautiful. (the kit, not the table)

CRAZY-RARE-Brighton-Hove-Albion-Football-Club.jpg

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I did also get one of these (2nd hand I think)

tommy_275.jpg

And then a couple of years later I got a new one of these:

raleigh-chopper-mk2-purple-original_360_989d92a626e09d1ef69baedb1f30a3e7.jpg

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
2 x hornby flying scotsman train sets. Still have them both, boxed in the loft. Hopefully worth something now.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
2 memorable ones.

One was a transitor radio. It was in a leather case and I thought they had bought me a bible !!
Such joy when I found out what it was. I remember listening to Radio Caroline and Radio London when they were on ships.

The other was a second hand electric train set which had loads of track and engines etc.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Scalextric, when I was about 8 or 9 in the early 1960s. I've still got it in the loft, though it hasn't been touched for years. Probably need to dump it.

Don’t dump it...regretted when I was early 20’s my mum chucked out my scalextric which was huge!

If you have the cars even if they don’t work, they are worth a bit to those of us who strip them down and fix them. I managed to get a 1966 Aston Martin to work after replacing the motor and painted and polished it up.

I tend to do that these days...I also collect broken dolls house furniture and wooden toys from our local school and fix them up. Saves our school having to buy new furniture etc which costs a fortune fro them.

If anyone has any wooden things that want fixing, let me know and I will have a look if you want.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Probably a toss up between the Atari VCS, or a 6ft snooker table (NOT the same year, obvs). I think it might have been the Atari. My sister bought me Pitfall to go with it.

Blown.
Away.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Grifter or a Commodore 64 or this little black and white tv that also had a radio and a tape player.

Probably the Commodore 64.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham

Oh my ,i had this spent hours of fun ,then i lent it to a mate and never saw it again. The said mate now owns Asian logic [Asia's head poker company] which is a parent company of Dafabet . Tom now is worth a reputed 1.5 Billion Us Dollars:drool: I always remind him of my Astro wars when he is back in the UK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here