• Sodexo

Votes: 6 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Why don't all those that feel they have a complaint actually email the club with the details of the problem. And I don't mean send an email with just a tirade of expletives. The club might monitor NSC but I doubt they will change because a few anonymous keyboard warriors are upset.

As for TLG, does anyone genuinely believe they lost the contract because their pitch wasn't flashy enough. It is clear, and has been for a long time, that the club are concerned with increasing revenues so from that you can surmise that Sodexo were pitching on the basis of higher income. If they don't resolve the problems then revenues will drop and presumably some clauses in the contract will kick in, possible with the same outcome that saw Azure bite the dust.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'd have thought that if TLG were brought in as emergency caterers halfway through the season then there would have been quite a hefty premium for the club to have had to pay for this, because TLG had to hit the ground running with staff who knew what they were doing. Suspect they probably pitched the same emergency rates for the 'business as usual' tender and got soundly beaten on price. Might be wrong.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why don't all those that feel they have a complaint actually email the club with the details of the problem. And I don't mean send an email with just a tirade of expletives. The club might monitor NSC but I doubt they will change because a few anonymous keyboard warriors are upset.

As for TLG, does anyone genuinely believe they lost the contract because their pitch wasn't flashy enough. It is clear, and has been for a long time, that the club are concerned with increasing revenues so from that you can surmise that Sodexo were pitching on the basis of higher income. If they don't resolve the problems then revenues will drop and presumably some clauses in the contract will kick in, possible with the same outcome that saw Azure bite the dust.

If Sodexo were sacked off I think I'd seriously start to question Barber's ability to run the club. That will be 4 caterers in 3 years.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Just a note to play devils advocate - Can't some of these greedy sods manage 2 hours without eating or drinking if the problem is that bad? I can quite happily consume multiple beers before the game even get some food before hand aswell shock horror, Then watch the game without the bunfight to get an overpriced beer and rancid burger. Then after the game happily head back into town and have more beer and food as required. If you don't like it don't but it and please stop moaning about it.

Until the archaic law of not being able to consume alcohol in sight of the pitch at a football match is rescinded this will always be an issue.

I do not bother with food/drink at the stadium before the match or at half time, but fancied a drink after the game on Saturday as a mate came with me and it wasn't an option to go to a pub afterwards, I have only come on to moan as it seemed very difficult to order 2 pints of Harveys in the WSU.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
catering seemed better in 1901 on Saturday.
Choice of snacks, meals or confectionery and a full bar service.

If it stays that way I for one will be delighted.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Got to the till at 14:20 yesterday, and they were already out of all meat pies (chicken, beef, lamb, the lot). How can they be so rubbish?

I went to another section and fortunately they had a few left, but they'd have been out well before the game too.
By which time the first kiosk probably would have restocked.
They said they wouldn't be getting any more before the game, and I should go to another set of tills.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
:moo: Burgers.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What makes you think they'll run them any better than the concourse?

Took post away as Ed squashed that plan. How difficult is it to cook a burger, stick it in a bun and serve it up ?

As you know Lord B getting your foot in the door is the difficult thing once that is done over a period of time conditions can be changed if applied for, which I think will happen in the future.
Licensing controls would also kick in. Stuff like the availability of hygienic washing conditions adjacent to a food outlet.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How do the likes of Reading, Swindon etc cope with the vans around the perimeter of their grounds. I am sure if the club wanted these would be minor problems to overcome.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
A group of us arrive at WSU at about 2.15 on a Saturday and order 5 drinks. The two coffees were sorted quickly, plus a Fanta. Having stood there for an age I said to my mate "where has our serving lad gone?" He replied "He is over there in a queue at the Harveys pump. They are all having to pour their own for their customers". Well he was 3 or 4 in that queue by then and the queue behind us was getting restless. Poorly poured on arrival. Was sorry for the boy as they had obviously had not much training.
Perhaps next Saturday will be better.???

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
A group of us arrive at WSU at about 2.15 on a Saturday and order 5 drinks. The two coffees were sorted quickly, plus a Fanta. Having stood there for an age I said to my mate "where has our serving lad gone?" He replied "He is over there in a queue at the Harveys pump. They are all having to pour their own for their customers". Well he was 3 or 4 in that queue by then and the queue behind us was getting restless. Poorly poured on arrival. Was sorry for the boy as they had obviously had not much training.
Perhaps next Saturday will be better.???

They had 3 practice runs when we played the friendlies and Carling Cup. Surely they realised that if they could not cope with 8-10,000 then how would they manage when over 20,000 turned up.
A few more mobile pumps that DON'T run out before half time would be good, a few more would take the pressure off the main booths as not everybody wants a pie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here