Votes: 6 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why is this whistle blowing?

I am assuming that those complaining about the catering have the club's best interests at heart, and I am sure that the club would welcome the feedback. The club were made fully aware of the customer service issues with Azure and their contract was cancelled as a result, so I really don't see a reason why it would not happen again - once this lot have had a chance to improve.

It was meant to be a topical joke.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not sure what you mean by this, please explain.

Edward Snowdon and Bradley Manning are two whistle blowers who have been in the press for the past month. Their futures do not look too rosy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
I defended the caterers last weekend and asked for them to be given time, the service had been bad in the Upper East but I thought it could only get better and would improve week on week.

I was very wrong and I am sorry to wasted your time last week, the service yesterday was a joke, no food at 2:15, people who did not know how to use a till, basically a total joke, very, very bad, worst this year or last, flask and sandwiches are seriously being considered.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Up until now, i've been a regular purchaser of food & drink but I think after these first two games and especially yesterday i'll spend a lot, lot less on the concources this season.

In WSU about 20mins before KO I was treated to 5 staff around a Harveys tap trying to get it to work and then customers refusing to take the pints of 90% head that was offerred up. Being way back in the queue, I just gave up, I wasn't that thirsty.

The service after the game trying to get a burger and pint of Fosters was daft - it was like I was speaking to someone from Mars.

I like getting something to eat and drink before and after each game but if its going to be this hard, I'll do it in town. WSU was very quiet after the game...

seafordtillidie

May 26, 2011
ESU was crazy after the game yesterday, why oh why did they close one of the bars, everyone was having to queue in just one bar and it was a nightmare. I thought I'd had a problem with my ecard and the guy who served me couldn't get the machine to print a receipt. A girl with a radio appeared, she couldn't get it to work either and eventually (about 20 minutes later) a guy arrived who appeared to know something and managed to print it out.

The club want fans to stay behind after the game to ease congestion but if it continues like this they may have a problem keeping us in!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Are we talking about the ESU where last season we could at least get a pint of Kronenbourg, even if it was from the seperate bar in the middle of the concourse, that only took cash sales so you couldnt get your 10% cash back.
Now its pissy pre poured flat Fosters.
Thats why we arrive later now, but by then they have run out of pies.....dreadful service.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Lets be honest if this was not an 'out of town' stadium and had a good choice of pubs and food outlets in nearby streets the concourses would be bare by now

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lets be honest if this was not an 'out of town' stadium and had a good choice of pubs and food outlets in nearby streets the concourses would be bare by now

I think that more and more will not not stay after the game and will go back to either Brighton or Lewes to have their beer and food. This will result in a possible choice of 3 moves by the club.

1. Raise the prices to still get the same revenue, which is what the brewers do with their beer to landlords.
2. Stop people bringing in their food and drink but where will that stop as regards flasks in the winter.
3. Sort out the problem

I think it will be in that order 1, 2, 3

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Who is reporting these issues back to the club?

Well Insider came back very quickly on the recent thread re ticket upgrade prices, so I'm sure that this site is monitored. Hopefully the right people will see it.

Failing that, lots of people seem to have Paul Barber's email address, so how about sending him a link o this and the 1901 thread?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well Insider came back very quickly on the recent thread re ticket upgrade prices, so I'm sure that this site is monitored. Hopefully the right people will see it.

Failing that, lots of people seem to have Paul Barber's email address, so how about sending him a link o this and the 1901 thread?

I would be shocked if Barber was not aware of the 1901 issues. He only has to walk into a lounge to see the very visible drop in numbers.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Last year when it was cold I could have used a soup. Soup and baguette would be my choice.

Don't like the beer (seems watery), tea or pies. Didn't dare try the burgers.

PS: In the Wolves match the ice cream man outside sold four in the crowd of 30,003.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I'm saving a small fortune and no little amount of time not buying any food or drink from the concourses any more. The service is appalling and the produce on offer is well below standard.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Just a note to play devils advocate - Can't some of these greedy sods manage 2 hours without eating or drinking if the problem is that bad? I can quite happily consume multiple beers before the game even get some food before hand aswell shock horror, Then watch the game without the bunfight to get an overpriced beer and rancid burger. Then after the game happily head back into town and have more beer and food as required. If you don't like it don't but it and please stop moaning about it.

Until the archaic law of not being able to consume alcohol in sight of the pitch at a football match is rescinded this will always be an issue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here